VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a vr6 with very high miles. is it possibly to put a r32 engine in a jetta3. can anyone lead me in the right direction as far as where i can get one or where i can get salvaged r32's. has anyone on here did this swap yet. give me detail please. peace.

· Registered
2,536 Posts
Re: r32 swap (path2live)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Modified by Vdubb86 at 10:27 AM 9-8-2005

· Registered
7,441 Posts
Re: r32 swap (Abracadaver)

Quote, originally posted by Abracadaver »

and when i say pretty much, i mean not at all.

In much the same way that you can swap a 2nd engine in the back of a Scirocco.

· Registered
10,050 Posts
Re: r32 swap (Abracadaver)

Quote, originally posted by Abracadaver »
check out vivid wonders, they're selling a motor and driveline.
it's pretty much a straight swap.
and when i say pretty much, i mean not at all.

Exactly.
If I had way tooo much money and didn't know what to do with it I would have bought that swap from them back when they first posted it.
It would be pretty slick though. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
3,646 Posts
Re: (BaTuFedVW)

Quote, originally posted by BaTuFedVW »
I think it would proly cost you less in the long run to rebuild the VR put a turbo or supercharger on it and put out the same if not much more then the R32 AT THE SAME COST IF NOT LESS

i second that, although a R32 would be bad ass

· Registered
10,050 Posts
Re: (DubsesdA3)

Although, a full R32 swap (driveline and all) with a blower in a MK3 would be HOTTTTT!!! and you'd pretty much have a brand new car for the cost of the swap etc. Figure 12 large for the full swap another 8 - 10 to get everything installed and working right and then another 4 or 5 for a good supercharger setup. So whats that 27 large? Then you could sell it a year later for about oh I don't know… 15 grand.
Rebuild the VR, hook up the trans while you're at it and get yourself a blower all for around 7 large tops. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif It might not be as cool as an R32 would be but it'll be a lot less cash and fewer headaches.

· Registered
225 Posts
Re: r32 swap (path2live)

Does the wiring from the R32 match the wiring on a 2.8l VR6? If not that will be alot of work.

Why not see if you can get your hands on a euro-spec 2.9l VR6? They are rated at 190 hp and I would imagine you could get one a LOT cheaper than a 3.2.
just a suggestion

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (DubsesdA3)

my friend joined the military n i talked him into selling me his vr6 with tranny that he got at at junkyard for 600. only had 60ish miles on it. so ill rebuild that. any suggestions on the rebuild. i don't really want a turbo or supercharger, just upgrading it from stock pretty much.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.