VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: r32 tail lights and EURO fin antenna installed (asuckiel)

got it from tmtuning.com for ~$50. Problem with it is that my AM reception is gone now. Install was somewhat of a PITA, had to lower the headliner and other stuff, overall wasn't too bad.
If tmtuning sends me a working antenna I'll document the installation then. This is the DIY I followed, i went a little more extreme and lowered the headliner even more by removing some other trim pieces.
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/...=3508

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: r32 tail lights and EURO fin antenna installed (Rodknock)

The front just for good measure (fog lights are DRL's)

Lights Off:

Hazard mode (they are more amber in real life):

Rear Foglight on along with night lights (it's more red in real life):

Foglight and reverse on:

Reverse only:

And some different angles:

I didn't go with LED's because:
#1 They're $450 and these were $220
#2 I want tinted LED's, and these may come out tomorrow, next week, a year from now, who knows...

As for coding, I just unchecked all the bits in byte 13 so the binary strin reads '00000000' , as specified in the DIY by 4string http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to him and the other fellow suggesting to just solder the inside of the lights to avoid splicing (more info in the DIY).

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: r32 tail lights and EURO fin antenna installed (zither99)

There is something very "Rally-Car-ish" with those first photos...Its not just the dirt but the tires and the ride height....And I kinda dig it!!! Watch out Colin McCrae here comes Zither and his Tailights are all you are gonna see!!
On a side note. The stock GTI Tailights are weak. The turn indicator is dim and weak.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.