VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Well, in New York you are "supposed" to have a front license plate by law. I was wondering though, do the r32s come with a front plate from the dealer? or is that just an option... because if they do... and i ever get one... im gonna hafta go outa state
anyways... thank you in advance for any info. enjoy all of your amazing r32s

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have already been dealing with the same prob. Just tell the dealer that if the car has any holes drilled in the bumper, you are walking. They usually apply to that standard. Have you seen if Smithtown has a black with Leather?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (plf)

okay, sweet, thanks for the info. as for smithtown, i drove past on saturday and they had a black one out front... needless to say, i almost crashed
then i went back yesterday and i saw a blue one, and i think they had a couple of others. but smithtown vw
isnt the greatest dealer around. i got my vw from donaldsons. how about you?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Re: (threeXis)

good luck at donaldsons...anyway yeah smithtown has pretty much one of every color...i think they sold the blue and silver...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Re: r32's in New York; front license plate? (threeXis)

I work at a VW dealership in NJ and the front plates are put on at the dealership. At my dealership they are put on during the PDI.

·
Registered
10,225 Posts
Re: r32's in New York; front license plate? (dpattana)

I live in mass. the same rule apply's here silly fron plate. now how do you go about putting the front plate on without drilling any holes?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Re: r32's in New York; front license plate? (threeXis)

I talked with my dealer a few days before the car was due to arrive on his lot and told him that I did not want any holes drilled anywhere. He laughed and said that only a few day prior, he had wondered if I was "that kind of person". He contacted me the following day indicating that the front plate mount had already been installed at the port. If I wanted that car, it would come with the front plate mount. If I could wait until the next allocation, he was pretty sure he could tell the port to not install the front plate mount.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Re: r32's in New York; front license plate? (GelbM3)

Donaldson's called me about the front plate. I thought that was pretty cool.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Re: r32's in New York; front license plate? (GelbM3)

Quote, originally posted by GelbM3 »
I talked with my dealer a few days before the car was due to arrive on his lot and told him that I did not want any holes drilled anywhere. He laughed and said that only a few day prior, he had wondered if I was "that kind of person". He contacted me the following day indicating that the front plate mount had already been installed at the port. If I wanted that car, it would come with the front plate mount. If I could wait until the next allocation, he was pretty sure he could tell the port to not install the front plate mount.
Sounds kind of funny. I didnt want the plate mouinted either ,told the dealer that and he replyed with "we are not mounting any plates to these cars". And the plates are put on at the dealer not at the port. Maybe he had someone who is willing to pay a higher price and is giving you the bump http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: r32's in New York; front license plate? (GRVR6)

when i took my car the front plate was handed to me in its original wrapping (should i decide later i want to put it on i suppose
). i didn't think they did any work but moving cars at the port.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Re: r32's in New York; front license plate? (bbz)

hey guys my nam eis paul and i work at vw dealer in upstate ny and as far as the front plate it is a law that we have to put them on when the pdi is done sorry. as far as you looking for one before you buy call me(518)785-5581 and ask for paul because i have a blue one with leather and and two more coming. i would like to beat the deal you get so of you want the best deal call me

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
Re: r32's in New York; front license plate? (PPAC)

Quote, originally posted by PPAC »
hey guys my nam eis paul and i work at vw dealer in upstate ny and as far as the front plate it is a law that we have to put them on when the pdi is done sorry. as far as you looking for one before you buy call me(518)785-5581 and ask for paul because i have a blue one with leather and and two more coming. i would like to beat the deal you get so of you want the best deal call me

Yes it is the law, but there are plenty of new car dealers in NY out there that wont put the front plate on if you ask them not to

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: r32's in New York; front license plate? (G60 dude)

I got my R32 last monday from a dealer in jersey, they asked me, i said no. i have my front plate bracket in my trunk and no holes in my bumper. wasn't a problem at all. they didnt even place holes for the back bumper yet. the salesman told me that if i ever do want it on, come back to them cause they have to put it at a certain height and all that stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts