VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Enthusiasts!
We have been tracking the R8 release schedule for some time now and I wanted to let you know that we have some parts in the pipeline and more available for special order!
Carbon Fibre:
Engine Trim Kit - Carbon Fiber - $5,965
Carbon Sigma Sideblades - $5,295
Interior Trim Kit - Carbon Fiber - $4,395
Interior:
Interior Trim Kit - Piano Black - $2,545
Body Modifications:
Aspherical Mirror Set - Clear - $145 - 1 set in stock
Grill for European Plate - $210
EU Bumper - Rear - $725
Lighting:
Headlight Set - $1,675
Tail Lamp Set - $645
Rear Foglight Kit - $245

Modified by OEMpl.us at 9:42 AM 10-4-2007

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: R8 European Parts Available for Special-Order! (OEMpl.us)

Are those LED headlights really LED elements in producing the light in the headlights? Some info on the Audi R8 microsite said true LED headlights will be available at some point. But the picture you show on your website looks like standard HID projectors. They look very different from the pictures of the LED headlights I've seen.
mt

·
Banned
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: R8 European Parts Available for Special-Order! (MotherTucker)

I've massaged the product listing for the LED lights. They are NOT true LED lights and I apologize for any misunderstanding on that. They differ from the US lights in that they don't have the large yellow element in them for the blinker.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: R8 European Parts Available for Special-Order! (OEMpl.us)

Very good, thanks for clearing that up. Your new description is much better. When my R8 arrives, I'll be ordering some upgrade parts from you. I was very happy with your service when buying parts for my GTI.
FYI, this is apparently a picture of the true LED headlights:

I hope they become available at some point, if they do, I'll take a pair!

·
Registered
160 Posts
what is the realistic ETA of the interior CF trim? how much for shipping? will there be tax?
is it the actual trim from audi or from another vendor?
the rear foglight kit. does that require the entire rear lower bumper section? or do we just need the $245 kit ONLY? from what i have found out you need to get the foglight kit AND the rear lower valance.

·
Banned
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (rxbg)

Quote, originally posted by MotherTucker »
FYI, this is apparently a picture of the true LED headlights:

I hope they become available at some point, if they do, I'll take a pair!

I checked again last week and they were not yet available. When they are, we'll offer them!
Quote, originally posted by rxbg »
what is the realistic ETA of the interior CF trim? how much for shipping? will there be tax?

The normal lead time is 3-4 weeks for these and there is no longer a backorder status in Germany for the CF interior parts (or Sideblades).
FWIW - We have the Carbon Sigma Sideblades and a full interior trim package arriving next week for a customer. His car will not be delivered until February, so he has graciously offered to let his kits go to another customer with an earlier delivery date.
Shipping will vary based on the size of the parts. We have not shipped these yet, so I don't have a good feel for the size. It won't amount to much, I imagine. For the tax, I assume you refer to state sales tax, which we don't levy on customers outside of California.
is it the actual trim from audi or from another vendor?

We do not sell knock-off products, so these will be the real-deal Audi AG parts!
the rear foglight kit. does that require the entire rear lower bumper section? or do we just need the $245 kit ONLY? from what i have found out you need to get the foglight kit AND the rear lower valance.

We have heard conflicting reports about the US rear valence. Some customers have reported that their vehicle has the EU version with a cutout for the fog and a blank-out plate in place. Others have stated that the valence has no accommodation for a rear fog lamp. So, we are prepared to offer the package either way. If your vehicle does NOT have the cutout, there is an up-charge for the correct valence of ~$75.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.