VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much would it cost to recover the rabbit 4dr seats in cloth, some kind of nicer material? Im guessing it's cheaper than leather? Or would it be cheaper to get some GTI seats or seats out of a 3dr Rabbit?
Im looking into the rabbit and Im not fond of the seat cloth in the 4dr...It looks fresher with a different fabric, or brighter colour...
any info is welcome http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Re: Rabbit 4dr Seats (oldschool86045)

The 3-door Rabbit seats would work, yes, but aren't exactly designed for a 4-door. The cloth is a bit rougher/sturdier, vinyl backs.
You could look into a set of airbag-approved seatcovers, or have a local upholstery shop redo what you have.
Also could look into a set of leatherette seats from a Jetta (they wear well). Quite a few options.
Cost will depend on what you choose. Seats may be cheap but shipping (if not local) definitely adds up fast. Definitely check with local upholstery shops.

·
Registered
12,738 Posts
Re: (oldschool86045)

Quote, originally posted by oldschool86045 »

i dont understand, the 3door cloth is a lot nicer than the 4dr cloth. the 3dr is similar to the cloth i had in my 2003 golf GLS...sturdier, not so velour-like...

It's really not. The 4 door seats are designed to be more luxurious. The bolsters are also better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.