VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Re: coil pack brackets (Peter Tong)

8 coil pack brackets are on their way (one for each valve)

I am ashamed to report that the upgraded serpentine setup is still packed safely in the box however it will be on shortly. The car has been driven very little this season and only raced once but hopefully things have calmed down a bit and improvements can continue on the car.
Here are results of last week. 12 out of 67 vehicles, with 1 & 2 going to shifter carts. http://www.trscca.org/results/070608_raw.htm Not too bad for only my 2nd event with this setup. Hopefully additional seat time and a bit more tuning will help me gain a few spots.

Modified by MusicCityGTI at 9:43 PM 7-16-2008

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Re: coil pack brackets (MusicCityGTI)

hi Tony,
Glad it went on for you... once you get past cams and the like and if at any time you feel like a bit more power and need a special high flow counterflow intake manifold just let me know as well... I just put one together for Andrew... and frankly its just a sweet hunk of metal (although unfortunately a bit of dough)...

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Peter. How you been? looks like you have still been up to your old tricks. Rabbit looks nice. I'm still working out the bugs on my mk2. Im me and say hi. I would liek to bounce something of you if you don't mind.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Any updates to this car? How is it running?
Car looks like this now and runs extremely well. Fires right up hot or cold, idles perfect and currently has no issues at all. The stock JH block was placed over this past winter with a fully built 2.0 ABA bottom end with forged pistons, cranks, ARP stuff, etc. It was on the dyno earlier this Spring and made 180wtq and 160whp and was making 13.5 psi. It feels much stronger than the dyno numbers show but that is what the dyno read. Car weighed 1,985 last time it was on the scales. I have a big valve solid lifter Eurospec head ready to bolt on that I'll likely do over the winter and will redo the exhaust at that time also (still has a cat). Hopefully I'll see a few extra HP with these changes.

I still don't have any videos on course but will hopefully borrow a go-pro at an event to get some decent videos. The Lysholm makes such a nice sound!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Good to hear from you Peter. I've had loads of fun in this little car and hope this season is no different. Your kit is still the best upgrade ever made to the car and along with the ABA bottom end the power curve is perfect for auto-x.
Over the winter I purchased the following items and hope to have everything installed and dialed in shortly.

Here are some pics of items I'm currently installing....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts