VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my rabbit "cera",, we are documenting its rebuild to help other mk1 owners with the same ideas, i couldnt find any sites that gave me the info that i needed, so i decided to start my own, well here it is, please DONT contact me with any small technical imperfections, cause i dont really care, this is a free service:

http://www.geocities.com/bunnyproject

·
Registered
6,941 Posts
Re: rabbit underway: tips starting (mk1 gokart)

not bad...
she looked to be halfway decent if you ask me http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
753 Posts
Re: rabbit underway: tips starting (PDX Cabby)

pimp yo, don't give up till its the way you want it. I have so much ahead of me, I'm glad to see the interior out of your car, it gives me hope that mine won't be so bad. Let me know what your doing about the panels in the back of the car just to the side of the hatch window. The cloth are ripped on mine and I don't really feel like removing the windows so i might just pain the panels blue, like my interior.
-Sandy

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: rabbit underway: tips starting (purplerabbit)

are you talking about the vinyl that lines the roof and the sides of the rear?
yeah mine is ripped too, a tiny bit, i think im just gonna tape the inside and spray from there, not take them out, as for the rips, i guess ill live with them , unless i wanna revinyl,, or remove it entirely

·
Registered
753 Posts

Well, I don't think its vinyl, I think its fabric like the roof/headliner. It at the very back of the car between the rear hatch window and the back side window. Mine are fabric. are yours vinyl? IF you follow your gas cap up towards the roof you'll be on the outside of the panel
I'm thinkin I will just remove mine and paint it if there are no holes in the metal.
-Sandy

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

mine are vinyl, my entire car is, i dont think its original though, could be,,, yeah i know the area youre talking about, ive thought about removing all of mine too, and i just might, one cool thing my buddy has on his is, the previous owner replaced the vinyl/fabric with a fleece sorta like fabric, all throughout the car, except right under the windows and a couple other places are just painted metal, it looks really good

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i recently got a job, so i havent yet begun dumping money into my dub, by july it should be mint,,, there should be pics of my friends dub on the site soon, the link is my signature, right below this text, i dont really have any good day shots, being it january, and in vancouver its not like its sunny this time of year, all the shots are pretty dim and gloomy, in the next week the website should have a total rundown of the car, every nook and cranny...

[Modified by mk1 gokart, 10:43 PM 1-27-2003]

·
Registered
753 Posts

yahoo says its no go for the pic. I didn't even realize your in van city. I hope your car goes as planed. Do you have any engine mods planed? I will be coming to van in mid febuary for spring break. Its too bad I won't have a car or I could come see it and help out for a day.
-SAndy

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

engine mods, maybe, im gonna get her running good and looking real good first, she needs a coldstart injector, rebuild the alternator,,, a paintjob, and some minor interior stuff, then ill look into that stuff, shes got some already, and some suspension work, but i bought her last week and have barely had anytime to really check them out, been focusing on the inside

·
Registered
753 Posts

ya once or twice. can you repost that pic? If not no worries. I'm going to start a site about my car aswell but I haven't got around to it yet. I also have to figure out html again. keep up the pics on the website.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

as we speak im building a 'friends' page on my site, thatll be upin half an hour, for some reason geocities is touchy about linking, sometimes the work sometimes they dont...

·
Registered
753 Posts

are you trying a link from your page? i will talk to you later I have to go.
-Good luck with the site and car. hopefully I will have time to start my site later this week.
-Sandy http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts