VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a diesel rabbit, i just replaced the starter, cables from the battery, and had my battery checked, so these aren't the problems, when i turn the key in ignition the starter makes a slight attempt at cranking the engine but doesn't and then it'll just make a some whining noise likes its spinning, but when i turn the key back to take it out, it makes like a springing noise around the relay panel, i'm also a complete moron when it comes to electrical stuff, so if you have any idea what this could be or could help if you live locally that would be great, i was thinking it was the starter/ignition switch, but not exactly sure, do you think it could be a short in the electric somewhere,
-jake 610-310-7838 i live in tanasbourne

·
Banned
936 Posts
Re: rabbit won't start, need your help!!!! (3legrabbit)

check the main ground. my jetta acted the same way when the ground came loose.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: rabbit won't start, need your help!!!! (dumpedGLI)

grounds are good, checked them and replaced them, somebody was telling me it might be that my battery can't handle a load, like the volts drop when i try turning the ignition, but i can't check this cause i don't have voltmeter, i did try the tech forum, but figured i try this since i might be able to find some local help

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: rabbit won't start, need your help!!!! (3legrabbit)

well i tried turning it by hand and its seized, so i turned it back the other way until it seized on the other side, so i have to figure out what it is internally now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts