VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

RACELAND or VMAXX ? BUDGET BUNNY

4K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  XM_Rocks 
#1 ·
I have an 08 Rabbit and im just looking to lower it as much as i can to make my 15'' mesh audi wheels look right (would post a pic of wheels but they are not here yet). Im just looking for cheep i have a project car that im working on and im not looking to spend a ton of money im building a BUDGET BUNNY. Any "POSITIVE" feedback would be great
Thanks

Vmax $550 30-75mm drop

Raceland $290 (couldnt find specs)

vmaxx looks a little more sturdy but i could be wrong....

See less See more
#7 ·
Re: (DoctorDoctor)

If you search around ebay, I think you can get JOM's for the same price as racelands. JOM = Vmaxx IIRC

#12 ·
Re: (cooky m)

Quote, originally posted by cooky m »

interesting....
http://store.blackforestindust....html

Yeah, they must have pulled them off of ebay. Last year they were going for 3-400.

#13 ·
Re: (bloew2004)

Quote, originally posted by bloew2004 »
also here's a better question how about on 15inch wheels? wheel gap too much? im stuck on the 15's cause im getting a good price on them

Wheel size has nothing to do with wheel gap. Tire size does. Assuming the OD tire diameter is the same on 15's-19's the wheel gap will be the same.
That being said 15's are entirely too small to carry the visual "weight" of the MKV.

#17 ·
Re: (absoluteczech)

Quote, originally posted by absoluteczech »

exactly, id rather keep saving and do it right, then to get crap and have to do it twice and cost more in the long run

I have really wanted to see these coils put to the test on a kid pad, see if they really can hold the tires on the ground enough so that braking is adequate in hard braking scenarios. There is no way $300 will get you a decent full coil suspension.

#18 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by magics5rip »

I have really wanted to see these coils put to the test on a kid pad, see if they really can hold the tires on the ground enough so that braking is adequate in hard braking scenarios. There is no way $300 will get you a decent full coil suspension.

You know there isn't a full coilover suspension for our cars. They are just shocks and springs in the rear.

#19 ·
FV-QR

heres my rabbit when it was on racelands (all the way down).. not too low. id just hang on a little longer and go for FK if i were to do it again...
but on a positive note.. i never had any issues with em.. and i used the struts with bags from july until a few weeks ago when i switched the fronts to airlift struts. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by xZANEx at 12:03 AM 3-20-2010

#21 ·
Re: RACELAND or VMAXX ? BUDGET BUNNY (bloew2004)

i currently have the Vmaxx's on my car. only had them on for about 1K miles or so and no complaints thus far. the ride is actually fairly comparable to stock, and with the OEM detroits on there it looks ok i think. i wish they went a bit lower, but since it's my daily i'm ok with how it sits and drives as is. i was in the same boat as you though - i have a project where all my $$ is going and i just wanted something decent to get it lower.
fronts and rears all the way down with collars still in:

#22 ·
Re: (greyvdub)

VMaxx and Raceland shouldn't be mentioned in the same sentence.
VMaxx have been around for quite sometime and are repped by Stratomosphere (a reputable company).
Raceland is cheap Ebay Chinese crap repped by a faceless company.
If you dont care about ride quality or actual performance the VMaxx's will be just fine.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.