VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 Rabbit and im just looking to lower it as much as i can to make my 15'' mesh audi wheels look right (would post a pic of wheels but they are not here yet). Im just looking for cheep i have a project car that im working on and im not looking to spend a ton of money im building a BUDGET BUNNY. Any "POSITIVE" feedback would be great
Thanks

Vmax $550 30-75mm drop

Raceland $290 (couldnt find specs)

vmaxx looks a little more sturdy but i could be wrong....

· Registered
46,328 Posts
out of the two vmaxx is the better "cheap" coils. raceland are just pure garbage. do a search there was a guy in here that his end link broke off the front suspension..
why anyone would buy coils thate are the same price as regular springs is beyond me. theres a reason they're so cheap

Modified by absoluteczech at 12:59 PM 3-19-2010

· Registered
10,398 Posts
Re: (DoctorDoctor)

If you search around ebay, I think you can get JOM's for the same price as racelands. JOM = Vmaxx IIRC

· Registered
10,398 Posts
Re: (cooky m)

Quote, originally posted by cooky m »

interesting....
http://store.blackforestindust....html

Yeah, they must have pulled them off of ebay. Last year they were going for 3-400.

· Registered
4,722 Posts
Re: (bloew2004)

Quote, originally posted by bloew2004 »
also here's a better question how about on 15inch wheels? wheel gap too much? im stuck on the 15's cause im getting a good price on them

Wheel size has nothing to do with wheel gap. Tire size does. Assuming the OD tire diameter is the same on 15's-19's the wheel gap will be the same.
That being said 15's are entirely too small to carry the visual "weight" of the MKV.

· Registered
6,153 Posts
Re: (absoluteczech)

Quote, originally posted by absoluteczech »

exactly, id rather keep saving and do it right, then to get crap and have to do it twice and cost more in the long run

I have really wanted to see these coils put to the test on a kid pad, see if they really can hold the tires on the ground enough so that braking is adequate in hard braking scenarios. There is no way $300 will get you a decent full coil suspension.

· Registered
4,515 Posts
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by magics5rip »

I have really wanted to see these coils put to the test on a kid pad, see if they really can hold the tires on the ground enough so that braking is adequate in hard braking scenarios. There is no way $300 will get you a decent full coil suspension.

You know there isn't a full coilover suspension for our cars. They are just shocks and springs in the rear.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
FV-QR

heres my rabbit when it was on racelands (all the way down).. not too low. id just hang on a little longer and go for FK if i were to do it again...
but on a positive note.. i never had any issues with em.. and i used the struts with bags from july until a few weeks ago when i switched the fronts to airlift struts. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by xZANEx at 12:03 AM 3-20-2010

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.