1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Golf R DSG Lapiz Blue
108 Posts
Read a bit on these but for those that installed do they work well? Do they hit the coolant resevoir? Is installation as easy at it looks on youtube?
It doesn't hit the coolant tank on my NAR Golf R, but it does rub up against the coolant reservoir return hose. I've fashioned a bodge out of the VW parts bin.
Hood Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Bumper

Blue Light Hood Motor vehicle Auto part
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I had the rub too. I just loosened the hose clamp on the reservoir and rotated the hose about 15* so it sits pretty much as @TheRealDL posted. No more rubbing. To answer your question, I would buy it again. If you're spending any time under the hood, checking your oil, etc. it's well worth it IMO.
Thank you very much. I have minimal auto skills. Is it easy to loosen and tighten back that reservoir hose clamp?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I had the rub too. I just loosened the hose clamp on the reservoir and rotated the hose about 15* so it sits pretty much as @TheRealDL posted. No more rubbing. To answer your question, I would buy it again. If you're spending any time under the hood, checking your oil, etc. it's well worth it IMO.
Good to know! I ordered one as well but it has not arrived yet. Some of these posts had me concerned I was wasting money.

·
Registered
2022 DBP Golf RRRR
892 Posts
Thank you very much. I have minimal auto skills. Is it easy to loosen and tighten back that reservoir hose clamp?
Yes. Pliers or maybe your fingers if your grip strength is good enough. Pinch the clamp, turn the hose, release the clamp. I'd say removing the nut on the hood latch hook and tightening the ball nut is more difficult (but not difficult). The latter is loosening a nut and tightening a different nut on the same bolt. Entire install with the coolant hose tweak is a 1-2 on a scale of 1-10. If you can turn a wrench or own a socket set that you've used more than once, you will be fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts