VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2006 P+ A4 3.2 Avant, 2011 C'Dale Bad Boy, 2014 C'Dale Carbon Synapse, 2019 P+ Q5
34,875 Posts
Re: Radars, jammers and ticket stoppers (Acura Type-S)

Quote, originally posted by Acura Type-S »
um. drive so no one has a reason to pull you over.

yup yup! You learn to play nice when you drive a bright yellow car

· Registered
13,853 Posts
Re: Radars, jammers and ticket stoppers (Acura Type-S)

Quote, originally posted by Acura Type-S »
um. drive so no one has a reason to pull you over.

Amen.

· Registered
1,232 Posts
If you drive fast, get a radar/laser detector....i'm currently using my fathers (he shipped his car to europe) Passport X50, it works like a dream, i know where cops are even before a corner. I personally wouldn't get it cause it's a hefty 250 bones but i also have a whistler 1788. It comparible to the the regular passport series. If you goto http://www.radartest.com, you can get reviews on radar detectors. Most expensive doesn't always mean best.
And ever since i got my ticket, 4 years ago, i've had a radar detector and they HAVE saved my a** a few times.

· Registered
46 Posts
Re: (zamm3k)

Quote, originally posted by zamm3k »
wish the radar had worked when they clocked me on a helicopter

but you dont see people complaining about the 50 times it saves them from the trooper sitting on the other side of the hill do u? Ya you got smoked my a chopper, big deal. We already know the only way to defend against that is to not speed. It's not a viable argument NOT to get a radar detector. Radar is still the most widely used speed enforcement device by a large margin.

· Registered
2,908 Posts
Re: (MileHighGLI)

If your buying a radar detector get a v1... end of story... you want to go a lil crazy there are laser jammer type setups out there, but they cost a pretty penny. You could look into a k40 setup. stealth v1 installation with the addition of radar/laser jammers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.