VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fans keep turning off and on up to 10 minutes and longer after parked the car. My coolant is to the max and fcm fuses are good. Could this be a bad fcm?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Radiators Fans running off and on long off parked. (ricardo)

yea people just always ask if my engine is still running after coming back 10 minutes later lol. I removed the after run pump so maybe that had something to do with it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Radiators Fans running off and on long off parked. (veedubgolf00)

Alright new problem...at one point while driving my fans were stuck on speed 2 and would not turn off. After that stopped 15min later my fans would do a normal cycle on 2nd speed and then would do it again 30 sec later. It keeps doing this over an over. I dont think my car needs to be cooled that much....ideas?

·
Read Only
684 Posts
Re: Radiators Fans running off and on long off parked. ($cash only$)

is your car having over heating problems? if so your thermostat might be going bad. when mine was going bad my fans were staying on for up to 25 minutes after my car was off. feel ur lower radiator hose

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Radiators Fans running off and on long off parked. (satanicboner666)

car hasn't overheated. Both hoses are hot. But i have a feeling it might be the thermostat...

·
Registered
309 Posts

i had the same problem. my dumbass tried putting a switch on the ground wire.... didnt work but fixed the problem! fans turn on and off normally now

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Radiators Fans running off and on long off parked. (Turrtlemk3vr6)

My buddy just said it might be my radiator plugging...he felt the lower hose and its a lot cooler than the upper hose. Which would make sense why the fans keep kicking on since hot coolant is stuck in the radiator.

·
Read Only
684 Posts

replace your thermostat thats exactly what happens when they go bad. call your local vw parts dealer. i got mine for 27$ and it takes about an hour to put it in.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts