VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: Radio flash for clipping (4string)

Quote, originally posted by 4string »
Received the radio flash CD to cure the 'clipping' function on the GTI and Passat radios today at the dealer. It works.;

how long did it take? having mine done in md today as well, but it's taking an awfully long time...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: (placenta)

Quote, originally posted by placenta »
if its their first one, it could take 2 hours. but if they know about it, it takes 20 mins.

thx. yeah, that's true. since they said i was the first one to bring up the issue with them, i imagine this is their first time through the fix...

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Radio flash for clipping (g60ADAM)

Quote, originally posted by g60ADAM »
That on my to do list. Wonder if there is a way to get ahold of that cd???

In order for the flash to work a VW VAG 5051, 5051B or a 5052 must be used.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Re: Radio flash for clipping (4string)

Is there a specific service bulletin to reference on this?
My dealership had no idea about the NO SAT before, so I would like to be able to point them in the right direction. I really like them, but I'm the type that likes to walk into a place and tell them what I need rather than asking what do I need.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: (placenta)

just got back from the dealer with fix. they said they had a cd on site from having done the reflash for someone else before, and they just had to insert the cd and call techline to get the codes to make the change. that's all they told me about it.
it sounds much, much better now.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
So is sound quality actually improved? I'm going to be kicking myself if it is.
My car has *never* exhibited this "clipping" thing, so I didn't bother asking about the fix when I had the car in for an oil change last week.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

I have an 06 Jetta and mine clips... and generally sounds terrible. I took the car in yesterday and they said they were just going to order a new head unit. I mentioned the flash but my tech said he'd rather replace the unit than try to fix a problem with it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: (BRM10984)

Quote, originally posted by BRM10984 »
So is sound quality actually improved?

It seems that way. then again, it could also just sound a lot better because the volume is consistent and will stay loud if you turn it up a bit. before mine was all over the place. maybe the actual sound quality/eq/balance, etc...is the same, but it still makes a significant difference in my perception of the sound.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.