VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Passat TDI
52 Posts
Sadly the radio harness was already removed from my parts car. I do have a 2000 B5 with the harness if you wanted to use the newer style, though. What happened to your factory harness anyway? Did somebody cut it off and directly splice on an adapter?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry, no cluster! I basically got a roller with the whole interior either ruined or gutted, aside from some decent trim pieces. FYI, you can run a VR6 cluster as well with no modifications.
Sadly the radio harness was already removed from my parts car. I do have a 2000 B5 with the harness if you wanted to use the newer style, though. What happened to your factory harness anyway? Did somebody cut it off and directly splice on an adapter?
The harness had been cut and spliced. I replaced the radio had to cut and splice again. I Just wanted a clean neat set up. What would I need todo in order to use the newer b5 ?

·
Registered
1997 Passat TDI
52 Posts
The harness had been cut and spliced. I replaced the radio had to cut and splice again. I Just wanted a clean neat set up. What would I need todo in order to use the newer b5 ?
Well first of all, you'd have to cut and splice again. Then get an adapter for a B5. Honestly, if it's working for you I'd leave it like it is. Solder and heat shrink all the wires so it looks clean. It's kind of a blessing to get rid of all those annoying adapters and extra 8" of spare wiring harness you have to tuck behind everything.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts