VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...
Im hoping someone can help me out. I have a Pioneer Premier 960mp headunit, and trying to figure out how to set the "advanced" settings for the sound.
The head unit has 3 preouts which are for highs, mids and one for the subs.
Currently, I have an amp going to the subs, and a separate amp going to the mids in the door. I have the tweeters running direct from the head unit.
The head unit has certain settings for the preouts such as for the mids, what crossover I would like to have, I believe which are 16k , 8k, etc... then it has i belive octave setting or something like that which are 24db, 18db, 12db and 8db and then it will say pass ....

It's hard to set it by ear because it sound pretty much the same...

thanks alot
*edit*
Pic for reference :

Modified by fourty03 at 10:08 PM 9-12-2005

· Registered
5,547 Posts
Re: Radio Settings (fourty03)

Don't you have the mic that you can put on the driver seat head rest and it will auto set for you? I had the 940 and man these units have so many settings. I am trying to remember what I had mine set at. I used the monsoon amp to drive the radio and another amp for my sub. I eventually upgradded the monsoon amp.

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I tried the mic (input at the bottom) and it won't work I guess because I have set to Network mode at the bottom
does it even matter If I set the crossover to passive or should I use the built in crossover.
Im using the stock monsoon speakers that came stock with the car.
One thing though... It was pretty fun rewiring the harness in the back....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.