VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok before you tell me to search I did....and the section in the FAQ for aftermarket radio installs just keeps coming up "page not found".
Not sure if it is me or the forums....but it is the only sections that is coming up that way..
anyway... I need to find a radio wire diagram.
I just bought an entire Sounds system.
PIONEER DEH-P6800MP head unit.
Infinity Kappas 60.7 for all 4 doors. 2 12" infinity subs...and 2 amps to power everything...
I am going to rewire everything and do not plan on using any wires from the old system....except for a couple wires but I cant seem to find them....what wire is the dimmer wire for the 2003 Jetta. and what fuse number can I tap for Key on power to the headunit? other then those two bits of info I think I can figure the rest out
thanks a ton guys and I am sorry ahead of time if this info is posted somewhere that I was not looking.

·
Registered
14,103 Posts
Re: Radio wire diagram - FAQ not working for me. (needlessthing)

On a 2003 I'm pretty sure that both the power and illumination are controlled by the CAN bus. So you'll have to go back to the ignition switch 86S terminal for the power (add a fuse) and to the dimmer switch for illumination, etc.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Radio wire diagram - FAQ not working for me. (dennisgli)

where do I tap off the dimmer swtich? I just want to make sure I dont do it in the wrong spot.

·
Registered
14,103 Posts
Re: Radio wire diagram - FAQ not working for me. (needlessthing)

Easiest place is probably either terminal 58d at the headlight or dimmer switches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts