VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Radwood Philadelphia - Who's Going?

39K views 468 replies 84 participants last post by  geoffp 
#1 · (Edited)

These look like fun, and I always said, "Man, I would totally go if this was closer to me"

Here it is, closer to me. I'm thinking about going, but am a little confused between the two entrant tickets. Regular vs "Royalty."

Register for the event with your 1980-1999 car for $25

"Radwood Royalty" cars are cars that represent the ultimate essence of the era and are subject to organizer approval. Tickets for "Royalty" are $70 and get showcase parking + a Radwood Royalty t-shirt.
Besides an extra $20 (the basic registration and a t-shirt is $50) and showcase parking, is it worth it?

Also, is the Funagon the essence of anything?

See less See more
#4 ·
Philadelphia? ;)

I'd like to attend. We'll see.

Besides an extra $20 (the basic registration and a t-shirt is $50) and showcase parking, is it worth it?

Also, is the Funagon the essence of anything?
Is showcase parking worth it? That's a question only you can answer. Do you want your car in a prominent location, or is it okay to be amongst the general crowd of cars?

If your Vanagon is minty inside it might be a good candidate for Royalty. The DWA guys will probably dig it since Warren has a super clean Vanagon.

#11 ·
your Vanagon is minty inside it might be a good candidate for Royalty. The DWA guys will probably dig it since Warren has a super clean Vanagon.
It cleans up pretty good, but I can't be the judge of whether it's actually worthy. It would be nice to have a good spot, I suppose. I would be driving 2.5 hours, so might as well make the most out of it if I can.

#5 ·
Hell yes the Funagon is worthy! Make it a party hangout with whatever 90’s tailgating memorabilia you can find.

I had an absolute blast at Radwood LA last Dec. Flew down, rented a 1980 450SL on Turo, and got parking day-of in the show. There were a couple of Vanagons there.

It’s awesome when you do it use with appropriate clothes and accessories. I had a few items of flair (OG Members Only jacket, vintage OP t shirt, checkerboard Vans, a Swatch) but others went all out.

Definitely go. Most fun you’ll have at a car show.

#7 ·
Yes you should!

I’m flying out. I just have to raid my parent’s attic in Lower Merion (home of Kobe Bryant!!! HAHA not :thumbdown:) for the right clothes, so this is a no-brainer for me.

Side note - back when he was just a mere Fresh Prince, Will Smith was running around Philly in the most Radwood-appropriate Seafoam Green Mercedes 260E with Lorinsers. I feel like I should try and find one of those.

#9 ·
Ooh...think I'll have to clean up the MX-6 and head out to this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.