VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i've been thinking about doing a few things to my 96 trek and it's become obvious that the first thing i should do is the suspension. now i've seen a lot of the pictures from you vortexers and lowering seems to be the way to go.
however i do a lot of driving on bumpy/rocky/unsmooth roads and do not want to lower my vw. in fact, i was thinking about putting it up a few inches.
anyone do this and have pics? i'd like to see how it looks before i do something like that.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: raised jettas? lets see some pics.. (X Dogg)

hey look, i told you guys that i do a lot of rugged driving. so lowering my jetta would be one of the stupidest things i could do. either i leave it how it is or i put it up, it's not getting lowered.
i figured i didnt need to put in a "and please dont flame this thread" clause in my original post, but i guess i should have, a$ holes.
if you're just going to reply with a guy banging his head or giving a confused look, why waste your time? i am looking for help and information, not your critism.
but hey, at least one out of the 5 replies gave me something useful.

·
Registered
14,333 Posts
Re: (B4WrNd)

just get the shine racing kit and be done with it
you won't find any "real world" situation that you'd need your dub higher for...

and as an added bonus you car will handle great http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
oh and as far as lift kitsa goe, I did raise the back of my jetta by 1" the other week via a custom made spring pertch spacer
but thats not really gonna give you what you want

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: raised jettas? lets see some pics.. (rockstar dave)

I don't think you're that crazy. Despite some of the comments here I have had some dreams of doing some rally stuff with my 97 GTI. The guys that are in the amature racing forum might have some ideas for you and I bet they would be a bit nicer to you.
Good luck, and when you get it done post some pictures and put on your flame resistant suit.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.