VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
a couple of months ago I found original Rallye Golf on a scrap-heap in Poland... I used to have golf GTI G60, and I've always dreamed 'bout rallye. So I bought it... Now it's being completely rebuilt (new paint, new interior, new syncro mechanism) to be an orignal "Rallye Golf". But there is one thing that I can't get in Poland (even in VW-dealer !!!), it's "Rallye Golf" emblem... (the one under rear right lamp) So if anybody knows how can I get one I would be very thankful for your suggestions...
BR's
Marcin

·
Registered
16,888 Posts
Re: "Rallye Golf" emblem wanted... (44FG)

try ebay.de
it's your best bet.
btw. ho the hell did it end up in a polish wrecking yard? you never got it did you??
that means somebody imported it... wrecked it, and just trew it out

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: "Rallye Golf" emblem wanted... (DUTCHMANia)

Well, actually somebody must have imported it from Germany, and he didn't pay customs... He destroyed original VIN and engine numbers and put the new ones (engine number is from 1.5 golf mk I diesel !!!)... Police caught him, and took his car... It was 'nobody's car' from that time... From the police parking somebody ripped off rims, leather interior, front grill, alternator and some more parts... (hopefully G-Supercharger is in very good condition !). I've bought the car from police parking and now I'am rebuilding it... I even found out, that the engine code is 1H, not PG (so it has hammered hardened pistons - originally made by VW Motorsport !!!).
About E-bay, I'am looking for "Rallye Golf" emblem since the beginning of the year, and I thought about getting help from you here on vortex...

Modified by 44FG at 12:26 PM 2-13-2004

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.