VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't like Outbacks that much, but this one caught my eye a long time ago and left me wondering. It's the only one I've ever seen in this blue, and doesn't appear to be a respray.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
That's got to be a respray. The gold lower colour (Sandstone Metallic) is only on the 98/99 Outback Limiteds, and they only came in White, Black, Dark Red, and Green.

·
I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!!
44,091 Posts
Definitely not an OEM available color for 2nd gen Outback, some gold RS 6 spokes would be hotness on that though. :thumbup:

Is it this color?

Does anyone know if there is a website like "Toyota Reference" for Subaru?
cars101.com, done by a Subaru tech I think. I've been using it for years, invaluable. :heart::thumbup:

That's got to be a respray. The gold lower colour (Sandstone Metallic) is only on the 98/99 Outback Limiteds, and they only came in White, Black, Dark Red, and Green.
All Limited wagons for 98-99MY year were 30th anniversary models and had sandstone cladding instead of slate grey. I didn't realize that in these years you could get a Limited without one sunroof or two. Dual sunroofs became available in this time period as well I believe, but auto only. :thumbup::thumbdown:

looks to have some logo right behind the front wheel i wonder if it some special edition
See above reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.