VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having found that a 2003 (or '02 for that matter) Colorado Red GLS 1.8T 5-spd with Beige Leather and Monsoon is impossible to find in SoCal, I was wondering what was the rarest combo of Passat model to get is in what parts of the US? Does anyone out there own a Pine Green GLS 5-spd? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Does everyone get some shade of silver or black? List the most unusual Passats!
ClscFlm7

·
Registered
880 Posts
Re: Rarest Passats combo options (NightFlyerGTI)

Haha, that's what I have! I was looking at a black and a green and went for the black. I don't see too many. Most black have a beige interior, and if they have black it is usually cloth.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: Rarest Passats combo options (ClscFlm7)

I recently traded one rare combo (my 99 GLS colorado red 5sp with black leather and no sunroof) for another rare combo (02 GLS pine green 5sp, black leather with sunroof).

[Modified by red5sp1.8T, 12:08 PM 10-1-2002]

·
Registered
339 Posts
Re: Rarest Passats combo options (think123)

quote:[HR][/HR]Pine Green 1.8t 5-spd, leather (black), lux checking in. Haven't seen another like it!
[HR][/HR]​
I have the same car and I also live in Arlington, VA!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Re: Rarest Passats combo options (katphishcatfish)

I ordered my '00 GLS Variant in Indigo Blue, with 5-speed and tan velour interior. Didn't want leather this time. Had it in my 94 VR6 Wagon. The car came in 5 weeks. Haven't seen any wagons that match but I'm sure there are a few. Good to see some rarities though. Cool beans. -pd

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Re: Rarest Passats combo options (FLYWGN)

Forgetting color for a moment (since that creates so many different combinations, it's impossible to make a valid conclusion from a sampling this small), I think my drivetrain/trim level combo is probably the rarest:
GLX Variant with a 5-Speed Manual.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: Rarest Passats combo options (JazzMat)

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
A few wks/months ago, someone ventured that 10% of Passats have manual transmissions; my casual observation suggests maybe 20% of those are Variants, 25% (?) are GLXs...that'd end up .5%?

·
Registered
55 Posts

The Mojave Beige 1.8t with the 5 spd is the real driving enthusiast car!!
Grey cloth interior. I know, Blecht!
I actually dont mind the color very much, its easy to care for and doesnt attract attention when driving spiritedly.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Re: Rarest Passats combo options (mulfomi)

i originally wanted a black/beige GLX sedan, but apparently they are super rare, and would've taken forever. I ended up grabbing a 2003 silver/black GLX, which I'm pretty happy with.

·
Registered
9 Posts

Haven't seen alot of Blue Silver Variant, Black Leather, Lux, 5-speed, 1.8T's around

I have seen Silver silver (I think it is Reflex Silver) but I have yet to see another Blue Silver, anyone else have it? I just love the car and the color

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: Rarest Passats combo options (red5sp1.8T)

[twilight zone music]
Well, red5sp1.8T, what do you know! Are you happy with that combo? I am, though the black is a biotch to keep clean. Maybe one day we'll pass on the street and think "hey, that must be..."

·
Banned
26,760 Posts
Re: Rarest Passats combo options (RichieVR)

quote:[HR][/HR]i originally wanted a black/beige GLX sedan, but apparently they are super rare, and would've taken forever. I ended up grabbing a 2003 silver/black GLX, which I'm pretty happy with. [HR][/HR]​
VERY nice!
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Re: Rarest Passats combo options (think123)

Strangely enough, I thought mine was pretty rare in that it's a V6 GLS, NO SUNROOF, blue-silver 2001.5
Until someone who parks near my house (no it's not me) that has the EXACT model I have...! Although it might technically be a 2002+ I guess.
It's nice to know someone else has wheelcovers on their Passat out there besides me....

·
Registered
277 Posts

I'm not sure if ours is rare, but I haven't seen too many like it yet. We have an '03 black on black leather GLX 4Motion Variant. What do you think?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.