VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys thing on V-maxx coilovers ,,,are they to bouncy,stiff,like factory or ect please put your thought on this poll.
honestly i think they are to bouncy and that my factory suspension are stiffer than V-maxx coilovers

·
Registered
861 Posts
Re: Rating V-maxx coilovers (jacobaudi81)

too bouncy and horrible.
My rears became 2 pieces when the top threaded off the strut.
got h&r race springs in them now though and im happy with them

·
Registered
9,379 Posts

do you already have the coilovers?
Quote, originally posted by jacobaudi81 »
honestly i think they are to bouncy and that my factory suspension are stiffer than V-maxx coilovers

·
Registered
9,379 Posts

im super happy with mine, its bouncy, but not terrible. i can put up with it. its my first set of coils so i never had anything to compare. it would be nice if they were stiffer though i suppose. but im not going to back sass about them

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Rating V-maxx coilovers (laynehip1)

what is the part number on the h&r springs you installed on the v maxx coilovers ,,,,,between 1 to 10 10 is the stiffest ,,how stiff the springs ride

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
yeah the backs are a little soft i think, but even with buying them brand new and then picking up a set of race/drop springs you are still about 2-500 less than most coil-over setups, plus if your are not running scca, or a track event every other week why would you need 1200-2000 coils on your d.driver grocery getter.... it looks great and and arent that bad, little bouncy but yeah for the price they are really a deal. if anything put some h&r springs on them and locktight the tops on the rears.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Re: (plynch)

worst thing is when i bought them they were 1000 canadian dollars.
I was looking at st's or H&Rs but they would have been closer to 2000-3000 canadian dollars at the time.
god damn canada

·
Registered
330 Posts
Re: (skiba)

i just bought them and installed them on mine. i didnt wanna spend alot but you definitley get what you pay for. theyre bouncy but i can deal with it. they go wayyy low though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I drove on them for about a year.. Got tired of the crappy ride and bottoming out driving over dips in the road so I solved the problem.... I bought used H&R street coilovers and couldn't be happier.
BTW, my Vmaxx set will be for sale once I get my rebuilt shock back from Bilstein.

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
i'd rate them as sh!tty, and yes, i've had them....lasted 2 weeks. i went back to stock sport for a week till my ST's came.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you just want a cheap set of coilovers to cruise around on then Vmaxx is a good deal. I bottom out on mine from time to time and I hate taking it up on the highway. I'd like to see what a difference a different set would make.

On the other hand I've got nothing but nice things to say about the people at stratmosphere. They have always been helpful and top notch. They sent me the wrong springs at first and all it took was a phonecall and 2 days later new ones were sitting on my front porch.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here in Texas there are TONS of overpasses. When I'm going 70 over and overpass the car bounces hard and bottoms out.

Bottoming out at 70 is SCARY!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Damn.. whats your GTF measurement.. Not to thread jack but i was planning on buying these in like a month.. but thats no bueno if you are riding at a decent height,

·
Registered
906 Posts
Forgot to add that I had FK Streetlines on my GTI (fk's budget MKIV coil) and i always thought that the Vmaxx's rode better than mine. (once again, this was in a MKIV not a B5)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts