VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Rattle and flicker!!!!!!!!

527 Views 13 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  webbman3
I've only had my car for two weeks and the car is great but I have two minor probs....
There is a rattle coming from the dash center pannel!!!!! near the climate control but I cant suss out what it is, anyone else have this???
The other problem is when I have my dash board lights on at night and i'm driving along, I touch the break and all the lights flicker once.......it doesn't happen all the time though, anyone had this problem too???
help would be great....... then my car will be perfect!!!!!! I've decided to keep my motor standard coz I've got the, feeling if I start messing about with it, other things will start to go wrong!!!!!! I might put bigger wheels on though
See less See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Re: Rattle and flicker!!!!!!!! (Nutty_1.8T)

My rattle from around that area is coming from the ashtray cover...try pushing down on that and see if it goes away. I don't know how to fix it, but I haven't tried too hard yet.

Hi matey,
sorry to hear u are having probs with your car already!!....i had some sort of rattle in my car, i think it was by the dashboard...it seems to happen when the car is cold and if i put the heater on the rattle seems to disappear. Have u got any items in your glove box?..cds?...cos they will rattle up and down the glove box....
regarding about the lights...never had that happen to me yet..take it to your dealer about it as they will defo sort it out for ya

[Modified by webbman3, 1:22 AM 2-7-2002]

quote:[HR][/HR]
There is a rattle coming from the dash center pannel!!!!! near the climate control but I cant suss out what it is, anyone else have this???[HR][/HR]​
hey hey ....
So youve joined the rattle club...
Ive had my car for about six months now and its always rattled..seems to come from the middle of the dash area too..
basically you have two options:
i, put up with it
ii, Crank up the tunes and it mysteriously dissapears

seriuosly tho, i belive this is an inherint problem on most MK4's... you can take it back to dealer, but beware as they may endup taking your dash apart and make it ten times worse when they put it back togtehr again

As fo the lights im with webman - Take it back! have murder with em if needs be.... as VW can be silly buggers at times..

[Modified by GTi TAB, 10:35 AM 2-7-2002]
See less See more
Re: Rattle and flicker!!!!!!!! (GTi TAB)

Hi matey,
getting me car tomorrow with a new rear spoiler........can't wait......i am thinking long and hard for some sexy wheels ...may 17in santa monicas.....they look the business................
Yeah any probles with my car i tend to back to the dealer and give them a good roasting about it...........
See less See more

Hi GTi TAB,
just admiring your golf website, excellent body kit.....did u go to the VW body parts to get it done?..someone told me if ya went to Walton there is a audi/vw body kit shop, haven't been in there yet, may go and have a butchers over the weekend..........
Re: Rattle and flicker!!!!!!!! (webbman3)

Did you end up going for the 25th anniversary spoiler...? who did the work as well, was it corkills?

quote:[HR][/HR]Hi GTi TAB,
just admiring your golf website, excellent body kit.....did u go to the VW body parts to get it done?..someone told me if ya went to Walton there is a audi/vw body kit shop, haven't been in there yet, may go and have a butchers over the weekend..........[HR][/HR]​
thanks matey...!
I bought the car used from Advent VW in Manchester and it had the kit allready fitted.
I aint heard of that place in Walton, where abouts is it, as I got a mate who owns a sprayin shop down that way..he might be able to shed some light on where it is and how reputable they are...

Hi Dude,
yeah Corkills are doing the job on the spoiler right at the moment, should be getting the car 2morrow..it is indeed the 25th ani version spoiler........

is it ok to print your car as i would like to show the guys in corkills that this is what i want for my car in the next couple of months time..just made a bit of dosh well i will get 2 grand for some freelance work next month......hehehe

i heard it from this customer who was in corkills he was moaning about the prices for some bits for his car and he told me if u go to this audi/vw place in walton by the fly over (where ever that is) but he said its all offical stuff in there and a lot cheaper......may do a net search to see if i can find it..i will let u know if i find anything.......

Yeah sure print away! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
In fact if ya wanna go one better, we can meet up if ya like....give you a chance to see the kit up close before you part with all that wod... BTW the kit on my car (called the VW votex kit) apparently is no longer available, so i am led to believe, and looks like its been superseeded by the 25th anniversary kit....
Ive got all the part numbers for the kit if you want them (bit of a collector when it comes to things like this, got a garage full of MK4 parts!)...I can email them to you if you want, IM me with your email address if ya want em.. ?
See less See more

Hi matey,
me personal email is:
[email protected]
yeah would like to meet up to see that cracking car of yours...

maybe sometime next weekend?....

>>called the VW votex kit) apparently is no longer available, so i am led to believe, and looks like its been superseeded by the 25th anniversary kit....

i will have a chat to the dealer about which body kit they have available 2morrow......
See less See more

Ok matey, i will send those P/N's through later today for you...
yeah next weekend would good, i'll email you anyways and we can sort something out..!
BTW, i forgot to mention that there seems to be some speculation at the moment as to wether the front bumper from the 25th Anniversary (all the other parts fit ok however) kit will fit non 2002 spec golfs.... i would have thought that it would go straight on as it looks similar to to the one i have..... I'm hot on the trail of it at the mo, so i should have an answer soon.
let us know anyway how you get on with the corkills, as im thinking of getting the 25th anniversary front bumper (if it fits) and skirts in a couple months myslef....Also forgot to tell you, there is a parts place that does real cheap stuff down south, heres the URL for it:
http://www.partsdepartment.co.uk
they do a lot of parts cheaper than VW including the 25th anniversary kit..could be worth a look for yer ..http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
See less See more

Thats cool, cheers for the link... I would defo like the body kit of the 25 aniversary version of the golf to work on my 2001 version including that cool exhaust pipe......
i managed to find the address for the audi/vw parts:
Replacement Vw-Audi Parts Centre
170-172 County Rd
Walton
Liverpool
T: 0151 525 1764
i am gonna check it out sometime this week....
I got this year brochure for the Golf and it has a nice silver Gear knob which will look cool in me silver car..hehehehe

[Modified by webbman3, 5:34 AM 2-7-2002]
See less See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.