VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, you may remember back, I've been having troubles with my Driverside axle. Well, I decided it was time to call up my old friends at Raxle. I have a passenger side axle from them the bullet proof model, and it has never cause me any problems at all, has been one of the better parts I have ever bought for this car, and their customer support and service is so wonderful, that I had to go back to them for the driverside.
When I got the passenger side, it came with nordlock fasteners, a new axle bolt, and came greased.
I just got the new axle and am even more impressed by their quality!!!
The axle came with:
The axle, pre-greased (duh)
Nordlock Fastners
Bolts for the inner side
axle nut for the outer
Came with rubber gloves to keep my hands clean
Came with the 12point bit nedded to install (so awesome!)
came with shop towels
came with a Raxles Pocket knife!!!!
came with stickers with my name on them saying "this raxles custom axle custom built for justin humphries" (thats my name!!!)

I cannot understate how satisfied I am with this company in general.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
I'm installing tonight, will let you know how it goes!

· Registered
4,312 Posts
Re: Raxle is god, all hail Raxle (dremhmrk2)

Quote, originally posted by dremhmrk2 »
came with shop towels
came with stickers with my name on them saying "this raxles custom axle custom built for justin humphries" (thats my name!!!)

wow.. the things quoted i wasnt expecting...

· Registered
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Raxle is god, all hail Raxle (the kevin)

Quote, originally posted by the kevin »
wow.. the things quoted i wasnt expecting...

yeah, i wasnt expecting it either, when I got the passenger side a year or two ago, it came with just the basics, which was still awesome, but all this stuff... man it was like Christmas opening up my axle!
They literally almost sent me an entire shop in a box, haha
And the guys over there, when you call, are the best. I ended up in a conversation about the new microsoft flight simulator game while ordering my axle, haha, great guys!

· Registered
1,270 Posts

Ordering a set of these this week. I have only had my car dropped on Koni's for a year and busted both axles. It blows my mind that I ran a 280whp on a turbo'ed '00 Si for 2 years and never had a single problem with the axles, but blow what appear to be much beefier axles on the 337.

· Registered
11,732 Posts

Quote, originally posted by dremhmrk2 »

The axle came with:
The axle, pre-greased (duh)
Nordlock Fastners
Bolts for the inner side
axle nut for the outer
came with shop towels

W
W thats cool, ive never heard of a such a smart company

Quote, originally posted by RoofusX »
I have only had my car dropped on Koni's for a year and busted both axles. It blows my mind that I ran a 280whp on a turbo'ed '00 Si for 2 years and never had a single problem with the axles, but blow what appear to be much beefier axles on the 337.

I only was putting 230 to the wheels and broke my pass side axle

Modified by UntouchableGTI at 1:49 AM 12-5-2006

· Registered
1,270 Posts
Re: Raxle is god, all hail Raxle (UntouchableGTI)

Quote, originally posted by UntouchableGTI »
I only was putting 230 to the wheels and broke my pass side axle

Yeah, it's crazy man. Those GTI axles look super beefy, especially compared to Si axles which were tiny. But as I think it's been stated if you are chipped, you are probably pushing 230lb/tq+ I am guestimating, and even at 18psi I think I only had about 170lb/tq in the Si.

· Registered
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The problems mostly stem from torn CV Boots, excessive power while doing hard-over U-turns, and any really heavy dips in suspension while under load.
I think the cause of 3 of my many axle breakages was torn boot related. The stock boots are jokes.

· Registered
13,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update on the install:
Ok, well I tackled the instal friday night, I had to get to a concert saturday morning, so I worked on the car from 2 AM (when I was doen bowling with friends) untill 5 AM, then went to bed, woke up at 9, and finished. It was an easy install, all things considered, but it was hella messy because the old axle had spewed it's grease EVERYWHERE. My carport floor is not permenantly greased in a few places.

The axle is awesome! It has zero vibrations, and removed a little play I was feeling when shifting. Couple with the new dog bone mounts I installed a few weeks ago, the driveline feels tight again.
I definitely recommend Raxles

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.