VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
RCD330 Desay 187B 2014 Beetle w/Fender Audio Install

I have installed the RCD330 Desay 187B in a 2010 GTI and everything is great! I then tried installing the same unit in a 2014 Beetle Convertible and ran into the following issues:

1. It does not turn off when I turn off the car and open the door.
2. Works with Fender Audio after disconnecting battery, but only sees the front two speakers. I will try to change the coding using OBDEleven this weekend when I am home again.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
4 Posts
2018 beetle

Hey everyone, new to vw and wanted to see if this will work in my 2018 beetle. It has a 561035150B radio and from reading this forum, if get a 2015 to 2003 harness it should work but I also read that I may need to change some coding. I have done some coding in a mustang but never in vw. Any help on this work be wonderful. Thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Anyone have any idea if I can fix/replace the FM radio plug on my RCD330?

Mine came damaged and I'm not sure what to do about it. (Not returning it, already got a partial refund for the damage) Was hoping I could fix it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just installed a 187B Desay model in my 2008 Passat. Everything was plug and play (I have no backup camera) and the left buttons on my steering wheel work. Couple questions:

- I can't seem to disable the backup camera via VCDS. I've unticked anything relating to having a camera, yet it still tries.

- Do I need to worry about the battery drain? How would I know except for my battery dying?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just installed a 187B Desay model in my 2008 Passat. Everything was plug and play (I have no backup camera) and the left buttons on my steering wheel work. Couple questions:

- I can't seem to disable the backup camera via VCDS. I've unticked anything relating to having a camera, yet it still tries.

- Do I need to worry about the battery drain? How would I know except for my battery dying?
Byte 3 should be 00 (untick byte 6). Then reset the unit by pushing the left knob in and holding for about 10-15 seconds until it restarts.

As far as the battery drain - install the radio and don't turn the key or push power button keep close radio and*just look at the power button. If button light (on radio)*is flashing every 5-10 seconds then means draining battery. If no flashing any light then everything is ok.

http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=127&page=2

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have installed the RCD330 Desay 187B in a 2010 GTI and everything is great! I then tried installing the same unit in a 2014 Beetle Convertible and ran into the following issues:

1. It does not turn off when I turn off the car and open the door.
2. Works with Fender Audio after disconnecting battery, but only sees the front two speakers. I will try to change the coding using OBDEleven this weekend when I am home again.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
Byte 2 should be 04 for 4 speakers.

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
Byte 3 should be 00 (untick byte 6). Then reset the unit by pushing the left knob in and holding for about 10-15 seconds until it restarts.

As far as the battery drain - install the radio and don't turn the key or push power button keep close radio and*just look at the power button. If button light (on radio)*is flashing every 5-10 seconds then means draining battery. If no flashing any light then everything is ok.

http://rcd330plus.com/showthread.php?tid=127&page=2

This bit's gonna help me a ton. I've got a Composition Media unit I'm on the verge od installing & I think that was one of the last tidbits if info I needed. Just need to get the nerve to run the camera harness & I'm good.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Oh wow, Thank you for sharing the info and screen shots!

I've been meaning to fix the wife's but had no clue how.

Thanks again!

Troy

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
How could I go about installing a back-up camera in my 2013 Jetta S? I have the RCD330 installed and figured a back-up camera would be nice now that I have a screen. Which camera would I need (if you could provide a link)?

·
Registered
4,841 Posts
How could I go about installing a back-up camera in my 2013 Jetta S? I have the RCD330 installed and figured a back-up camera would be nice now that I have a screen. Which camera would I need (if you could provide a link)?
Cameras on that one are built into the trunk handle but you should be able to use anything from 2011 thru 2018 Jetta.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Hello!
you have two options for JETTA:
1. Camera placed in the license plate backlight ----> LINK
2. The camera is placed in the trunk lid opening handle -----> LINK

AND MOVIE HOW WORKS:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Please help:

I used an OBDEleven Pro to do the exact change as suggested blow, to make a Desay 187B working with Fender sound system, but I cannot modify any Byte in Radio-56. Instead I consistently got a red pop out message at the bottom of the screen saying:

[33] access authorization required, perform login

I am sure the OBDEleven app was logged in with the Pro account. What's going on here? Anywhere else I need to check?

By the way, both Fender sound system (Amp + speakers) and the 187B are retrofit. The original car came with the lowest trim (Trim S).

--------

4. Coding this thing?

The proper coding for the unit is
16 00 04 40 00 05

40 at block 4 enables the reverse camera.

If you have Fender change block 2 to 01. If you have Dynaudio change block 2 to 05. On either you will also have to change block 3 to 00.

I used a OBDeleven and had to go to Radio-56, switch to development mode in service to change block 2.

In all aspects of coding our NA VW's consider these to be RCD-510's and you can use the same code labels in VCDS.

·
Registered
1 Posts
reverse camera issue

hello people, a small problem i have please. I have fitted the rcd330 to a 2006 T5 using the ISO adapter harness with built in canbus emulator. Everything woks greät and I have wired it up correctly I think.. except the reverse camera. When i am sat on the drive and select réverse the camera comes on perfect but when I drive the van any distance the fuse for the reverse lights blows.. the blue wire from the canbus adapter is connected to the 12v live reversing lights as instructed?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi kang4600,

I also have a 2016 Tiguan (base model) - and am interested to make this switch/upgrade.

Can you let me know what you ended up with? Where did you get your unit, and what did you have to do to get everything working?

thanks so much!
Eric

Thanks for sharing. I have a 2016 Tiguan and plan to replace the factory radio with the 187b radio. Could you send me a link where you bought the adapter 2015 to 2003? Also I am a little lost in the camera part. What do the CVBS pins look like? Did you plug in the blue connector to the adapter which connects to the new radio? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I haven't been able to create an account on the website and get the latest FW. Anyone have success with that or have the FW?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you end up installing it? Curious what upgrades occurred. I am specifically interested if it communicates current play information to the MFI and allows fast forward/rewind from the steering wheel.

Thanks
Nathan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yes I did. It doesn't do any of that. I bought it because android auto has some annoying bugs that I thought it would fix but it didn't. I actually didn't notice any difference. The guy selling it is a total scammer

61 - 80 of 97 Posts