VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2012 Golf and the bluetooth audio controls are grayed out. I made a point of checking this when I was first looking at the car and I swear I remember it working, displaying the metadata of what's playing and having the forward, play/pause, and reverse buttons working.

I tried deleting the car from my phone and adding it again and I tried a factory reset on the MFD and the head unit. Reseting the car didn't seem to remove the phone from memory, so I still need to figure that out and try that.

Head unit looks like this when playing audio. The play/pause button changes and follows the state of the phone but it not enabled for me to press. I have seen posts elsewhere with similar problem with no solutions. Anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you get an answer for this? I have just fitted a RCD510 and Bluetooth module to mine and have the same issue. Super annoying...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exact same problem here

Hejj guys, I have the exact same problem and would be interested if someone has found a solution - would be super important to me :)

Greets

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think the Bluetooth module in these cars is just garbage. When I test drove the car the controls worked. They stopped working for a while then came back. Now they are never greyed out but only sometimes work. I also have a consistent problem where the phone connected but the media player portion does not. It's very annoying, I think I preferred it when the controls didn't work but the media player connected every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts