VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I converted my itunes music to mp3. Then formatted on my mac a 16gb sdhc cars to ms fat32. I pulled the foldeds over with the hierarcy intact. All works well but some foldes show 2 of the same music file. One wont play and the other will. The one that does not play stars with a _ as the first character . The folders in finder only show the one file. I tried to open sdcard in windows to try and delete the bad files but it does not see them either. I guess it works but just annoying. Anyone know how to fix?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I converted my itunes music to mp3. Then formatted on my mac a 16gb sdhc cars to ms fat32. I pulled the foldeds over with the hierarcy intact. All works well but some foldes show 2 of the same music file. One wont play and the other will. The one that does not play stars with a _ as the first character . The folders in finder only show the one file. I tried to open sdcard in windows to try and delete the bad files but it does not see them either. I guess it works but just annoying. Anyone know how to fix?
Had the same problem...wouldnt show in finder...and then not in Win....but I changed a setting in the Win control panel to show hidden files...then they appeared in Windows and I could delete them....in windows....still a pain, but much better than seeing all these greyed out files on the RCD

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found a way to fix on Mac

I downloaded an application called Clean up . If you drag the icon of your sd drive into the Clean up Icon it will go through the sd card and remove all of those files. Then you just eject the card and it works fine. I guess if you add more music to it in OSX then re clean the sd card

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.