VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lease is up on my White RDX ASpec. I'll likely sell it to Carvana or similar.

Right now I have 3 options I'm considering, with a few wildcards in there.

1. Genesis GV70 - I got my RDX the first year it changed, and I guess that's a thing for me. I like how it looks, love the options, and honestly I like that it wont be yet another Q5, GLC, X3,CX-5 etc. At least for a little while. It's also fast enough at the 2.5T base level for my needs. Probably spec it to Select (+4k, so around $45.5k), but maybe Sport Prestige because I'm vain and really love the look. $53k.

2. Mazda CX-5 Signature - Easily the most practical of my choices, fast enough for me, has the options I like. It's a hair small, but it would do the job. They're common but I can get past that.

3. Another RDX ASpec or Advanced. I really love the Acura. Great size, fast enough, good looks. The infotainment on my 2019 is slllooooowwwww... but maybe the new ones fixed that? I also can't stand the auto start/stop that you need to manually disable every time.

Not my exact one but it's this:

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

I'm considering these:

GV70 Red:
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Grille Vehicle

CX-5 Red

Wheel Tire Sky Cloud Car

RDX ASpec or Advanced

Tire Vehicle Car Automotive parking light Wheel

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
GV70 all day if you can find one how you like it and the dealers are marking them up.

They are starting to show up around here, I went and checked one out. I have a year left on my CX-9 lease and I'm already trying to get deals going on a GV70 when everything gets back to normal, I love that thing.

I just wish the second row were a little bigger for my kids car seats, but if you are cross shopping a CX5 it should be about the same.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah the GV70 is easily the favorite, but it's probably a good 10-15k more than the CX5.
I'll have to see how bad the leases are. I'm thinking if I get 4 or 5k back from my RDX it's kind of a wash?

·
Registered
A couple of CUVs
2,604 Posts
The lease on all three are going to be pretty ugly compared to just buying out your current RDX.
Just spitballing these numbers, but yeah, say you might have to decide whether it is worth paying $800/month for a GV70 that will hopefully arrive in 3-6 months, while you sell your RDX for $6,500 over your lease buyout. In that example, you're probably overpaying by historical prices for the new lease by $250/month ($9k over the 36 month lease) on a ~$53k MSRP car, but you're getting a check for $6,500 to soak up that pain a bit.

Now of course, if you adapt those numbers to paying $700/ month on the new lease and $8k on the check from Carvana, you're in an ok position to overpay for the new lease. Not sure what the real numbers or lead times are, but that's the consideration.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Answer is sq5 from smoorein lol.

but seriously get the gv70. And this is coming from an acura owner…rdx i wouldnt touch again until fmc.

Ive seen a couple dark green gv70s here and they look great.

Reactions: lowlight

·
Registered
6,290 Posts
I test drove a GV70 2.5 Sport Prestige ($55kish) and went back two more times to drive it again as it was that good. Objectively best car in the class, interior outclasses absolutely everything at the price point. Handling could be better though.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
GV70.

Also that it's available with 3.5T puts it in same league as SQ5, GLC43 AMG, X3 M340i, which, IMO, is the only way to get any excitement in the compact SUV segment...

Reactions: PLF8593

·
Registered
2021 Mazda 6 Grand Touring, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring
1,077 Posts
Just spitballing these numbers, but yeah, say you might have to decide whether it is worth paying $800/month for a GV70 that will hopefully arrive in 3-6 months, while you sell your RDX for $6,500 over your lease buyout. In that example, you're probably overpaying by historical prices for the new lease by $250/month ($9k over the 36 month lease) on a ~$53k MSRP car, but you're getting a check for $6,500 to soak up that pain a bit.

Now of course, if you adapt those numbers to paying $700/ month on the new lease and $8k on the check from Carvana, you're in an ok position to overpay for the new lease. Not sure what the real numbers or lead times are, but that's the consideration.
The whole thought of overpaying on a lease on the GV70 seems foolish, especially when you already like your current ride enough to consider trading it on a newer one. I don't know how they are handling it, but it would suck to wait months for the Genesis and the markup or deal ends up getting worse.

And even as a Mazda cheerleader, I don't know why the CX-5 is here, even if it does punch above it's weight. New stuff is forthcoming, as soon as next year, that should make the top line trim far less appealing.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts