VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RE: 2L AEG motor in mk2 Jetta..Plan to turbo it with KKK K24..come on in

Hey everyone. Gonna make this short cause im at work. Just wanted to start it up.
At any rate, i acquired a AEG motor that was installed in a 86 Cabrio. Iam planning on putting this motor in my car, 1992 Jetta with CE2 (central electrics?..whatever)
I have the wiring harness, computer, pretty much everything needed to do the swap. It currently has a Cabby tranny on it.
NOW
I am going to turbo it with a k24 as i have it already. Was rebuilt and pretty cheap. Just need a wastegate to be safe as the one on the turbo got bent somehow??
. WHAT wastegate would be a good alternative?
I have a diesel tranny from an 86 Golf as well which will be beneficial.
First, how would i go about wiring this into my car's existing harness/wiring.
Second, in regards to the turbo, any recommendations, step-by-step game plan? What chip to be used, what manifold would mate nicely, what blow off valve will do the trick, what parts to use such as valve stems, valves, lifters, cam, etc.
I will make things more organized soon but i just would like to know what i should do, how i should do it, recommendations. I have never done it so i am open to peoples thoughts.
And YES, i know the AEG motor isnt really looked upon as being the best for boost but i am looking for only 11p.s.i max! Day to day, id run only 6-8p.s.i. enough to achive 180whp i would say.

Thanks

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 2L AEG motor in mk2 Jetta..Plan to turbo it with KKK K24..come on in (Volkswagen2NR)

Quote, originally posted by Volkswagen2NR »
i have a aeg head all done up for sale

Hmmm.
..What was done to it? How much would ask for it? More importantly, how much would itcost to ship it to Toronto, Canada? A pretty penny i'd imagine.
Anyone else.........suggestions?

· Registered
450 Posts
Re: 2L AEG motor in mk2 Jetta..Plan to turbo it with KKK K24..come on in (JettaBwoy)

What did the k24 come off,as the manifold that came with it could be used(may need adapting)the 1.6TD manifold will bolt to the 8v(i think) also the 5000T audi manifold can have 1 runner cut off and welded up and will work,do a search and you'll find more info and also check classifieds for manifold and parts or even a kit the someone else has pieced together,as may save u loads of hassle time and money

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: 2L AEG motor in mk2 Jetta..Plan to turbo it with KKK K24..come on in (rossmc1)

Quote, originally posted by rossmc1 »
What did the k24 come off,as the manifold that came with it could be used(may need adapting)the 1.6TD manifold will bolt to the 8v(i think) also the 5000T audi manifold can have 1 runner cut off and welded up and will work,do a search and you'll find more info and also check classifieds for manifold and parts or even a kit the someone else has pieced together,as may save u loads of hassle time and money

As far as i know/think, its from a vw diesel. it could b from an audi as far i have been told..

RE: audi 5000 mani.; i know of these manifold working for other people, regular 8 valve heads but would it mate right up to the aeg head with no probs?
In regards to looking for the parts from other people, partial kit made up already...think thats a good idea. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 2L AEG motor in mk2 Jetta..Plan to turbo it with KKK K24..come on in (foffa2002)

Quote, originally posted by foffa2002 »
Get the new KKK k24 from Volvo S60R
Its a better choice
i trapped 119mph with it @18psi and 3300 ish lb Jetta Mk4

Reeeaaaaallly. Hmmmm. Dat sounds serious! This k24 off of the Volvo, this looks the same as my k24....Audi/VW k24?
Either way, i already have this rebuilt k24. Im not lloking to boost an AEG anymore than 10p.s.i. Day 2 Day, want to run 8p.s.i.
Thanks for the figures and suggestion.
Anyone else?

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: 2L AEG motor in mk2 Jetta..Plan to turbo it with KKK K24..come on in (JettaBwoy)

Apparently this turbo mite very well have been off of a 82-ish Audi 5000 Turbo-DIESEL!......
hmm.....

Any thoughts?

· Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote, originally posted by JettaBwoy »
Apparently this turbo mite very well have been off of a 82-ish Audi 5000 Turbo-DIESEL!......
hmm.....

Any thoughts?

Dang...This gone be harder than i thought. Like pullin teeth!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.