VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Re: re drilling rotors (outrunnerriley)

Quote, originally posted by outrunnerriley »
i wasnt really worried i was just wanted to see if anybody had done this, but im gunna go ahead and do it then. im just trying to eliminate my 25mm adapters in the front
the rotors are the least of your concerns. How are you handling the hub situation? Blank hub?

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Re: re drilling rotors (vr6swap)

Quote, originally posted by vr6swap »
Eurospec has the 5x100 hubs you need.
EDIT- I forgot, ECS tuning has them too.
Once you have the hubs, you can either have a machine shop drill your rotors, or do it yourself if you have access to a drill press.
He said 5x130

·
Registered
936 Posts
Re: re drilling rotors (Mk2GTiG60)

Quote, originally posted by vr6swap »
Eurospec has the 5x100 hubs you need.
EDIT- I forgot, ECS tuning has them too.
Once you have the hubs, you can either have a machine shop drill your rotors, or do it yourself if you have access to a drill press.

He was talking about redrilling the lug pattern.....not drilling holes to vent the rotor.

Modified by lowNsloMkII at 12:54 PM 6-16-2006

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: re drilling rotors (outrunnerriley)

The center hub of a 4x100 rotor and spindle combo is not big enough in diameter to pull that off, You probably couldn't pull it off with a 5X100 hub either, you are basically forced to run adapters for the porsche pattern. Either that or get very creative with a porsche donor vehicle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.