Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2.

well since u guys managed to close the old one down, and i dont really see why, moderators but out of this one, ppl need to know about this guy before he does this to someone else.
from the previous thread :
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1398815
" .. well here is the truth behind this guy shop, and all the bs he has been feeding you. i will start with the beginning. me and him came to an understanding around january, that he was to built my cross flow turbo corrado, and i went to him because i saw his posts and thought he knew what he was doing, and boy was i wrong.
we agreed on $2400 price, wich was to include a bottom end rebuilt, head, and all the other miscelanious parts for the project, the only thing i provided was the turbo itself wich i purchased from killa myself.
took the car to him in the middle of january, along with a 1000 for all the hardware, the car was at one of his friends house garage and the estimated time was 2 weeks. right from the get go, things went wrong. i was given the run around about many thing, he said he was going to build a log style exhaust many, wich i never have seen even today. that prob did not get done, and work was slow. 2 weeks pass and nothing happened my car was sitting on jack stands without a motor, at wich point he had recieved the whole money for the work, i was constantly bsd about its status, so 2 weeks turned into 2 months, wich turned into 3 months. after 3 months, the car had the motor and the head installed. work had stopped for some reason, no one was lifting a finger to put the car together, and i guess whatever understanding he had with his friend fell through. i had to go there myself 2 times to put things together on the car, without anyone being in that freaking garage, the whole thing was a mess. coolant lines were not hooked up, intercooler piping was not done and the intercooler was not mounted, and not to mention when the motor was pulled out the harness got all Fd up. the 2nd time i went there i took the car home because it was going nowhere so AAA towed the car to my garage, with countless boxes of parts that were not installed. i spent another month putting things together by myself, time during wich some ppl came over to look at the car because i couldnt figure stuff out for myself. fuel rail had to be tapped, intake plenum had to be tapped, so on and so forth. anyways i put together myself but the car never ran properly for some reason. and i never figured out what was wrong with it, nor do i know how the motor was rebuilt. here is a convo i had with him over IM .
(6:46 PM 4-1-2004) I Wuz BottlFedG60: Sorry for the long response, im working with dial up here and my time is limited but ill be buying a cell this weekend so ill IM you the number once i get it.
As for the leaks, I dont think the mainn is leaking, either the oilpan bolts arent tight or too tight where it pinched the gasket, The oil housing, it has to be the o-ring between the watercooler and housing........
(6:49 PM 4-1-2004) I Wuz BottlFedG60: That alt. is probly bad, i will give you the one i have and the head gasket is leaking we will have to take the head off and swap in a new gasket (all of which i will pick up from the dealer on Sat.) Im going to try and come up there this weekend, this is if i can rent a car.
(6:52 PM 4-1-2004) 8vbunny: i allready ordered another alternator, and as for the head gasket i will re-torque the head again, this time at 70 ft lbs. the alternator is coming tomorrow
(6:52 PM 4-1-2004) I Wuz BottlFedG60: The head is tourqed at 65 now.
(6:55 PM 4-1-2004) 8vbunny: ya it needs to be re torqued after heat cycle. or else the head gasket blows, i spoke to miguel he said it is ok to torque it to 70
(7:09 PM 4-1-2004) 8vbunny: i wont be around beginning this weekend, for 2 weeks so dont bother
(7:13 PM 4-1-2004) 8vbunny: if the head gasket is new than u dont have to replace it, wich i hope it is, alot of ppl told me to toque to 70-85 to be safe, since the aba one tends to split
(5:03 AM 4-3-2004) 8vbunny: http://images.snapfish.com/33%...t1lsi
(5:04 AM 4-3-2004) 8vbunny: http://images.snapfish.com/33%...t1lsi
(4:04 PM 4-4-2004) 8vbunny: the car sputters bad over 2500, it seems like it is getting no fuel or the ignition timing is ****ed up. and than the car just dies. the transmission piece the lets the ecu know wich gear ur in, u guys broke it btw so idunno what role that plays into it
(4:06 AM 4-7-2004) 8vbunny: dude i lookd at that reciept, there is mad **** here that i owe me money back for, downpipe, flanges etc. **** came out to freakin 400 $ not including the alternator and the money i had to pay miguel to fix ur mistakes.
(5:11 AM 4-7-2004) I Wuz BottlFedG60: I know, send me your address and ill send you a money order. John is paying for yourlinkage cable that he broke so call him on that. I was seeing if John was going to pay you back like he said but he's FOS so ill send you the money.
(5:12 AM 4-7-2004) 8vbunny: the linkage i took care of, so dont worry about that. i am leaving for a week so we will deal with this when i get back that way it will give u some time, i know money is tight.
(5:15 AM 4-7-2004) I Wuz BottlFedG60: Thank's. Im waiting fot Sprint to send me a phone so ill e-mail you the number when i get it
(5:19 AM 4-7-2004) 8vbunny: not a problem. the car is still not running. it cuts out between 2k and 3k ander any form of acceleration, wich leads me to believe the cam timing is way off
still, i cant get it right because i dunno where the marks are suppose to be
(12:13 AM 4-8-2004) 8vbunny: i had someone look at the car, the thing is ****ed up, compression is at 70 psi, in 2 and 3 cylinders, it is pouring coolant out of the water pump, the knock sensor is ****ed up, the ecu is shot and so is the wiring harness. i gave u a running car and u gave me back a mess, and u know what i dont even know what the story is behind how the motor was put together because if was all a bunch of lies.
(12:14 AM 4-8-2004) 8vbunny: half of the work was done, half of my money should be refunded, i spent another $600 out of my own pocket for the alternator wich was 260, the downpipe wich was 175, plus another $100 to get it rewelded, and than the $300 this guy charged me to tell me that the car is a ****ing mess. ENOUGH. i am putting up with this **** anymore. half of the work was done, not even, i got the car back not running, and u know what a verbal agreement was made when i gave u all the money, i dont care what u have to do, but that is the way it needs to be.
(12:15 AM 4-8-2004) 8vbunny: i need to spend almost as much money to get the car running again, on top of what i allready spent, and u know what there is no way in hell ur touching my car again.
(12:15 AM 4-8-2004) 8vbunny: make arangements to refund half of my money back, i spoke to Jon allready to give u the message, i dont care about what u have to do. 5 months and the car is not done
basically i was given the run around. and now i cannot get in touch with him for ish. the pics are of the car after i put everything together.
so after 4 months my car was sittin still with no motor, because he thought he could do it, yet he did not do anything , he just fd up a perfectly good motor. anyways i gave up on that motor because it was endless. during the period when the car was with him, they managed to break a spark plug in the head, and some fragments of the ceramic remained in the #1, stuff i saw when i took the motor apart. #1 cylinder wall was scratched as F. the walls were scored pretty bad. i had to travel to Li myself and pull that plug out after 4 freaking hours of racking my brain on how is the best way to do it without warping the head, only the thread part of the plug was left, good thing a 4 poiint easy out did the job.
so after i got the car started, ran like crap i must say, it was leaking everything. and most importantly oil. i had to pull the tranny and oil pan , fly wheel and clutch in order to get to the rear main , wich was not put in corectly, nor was the oil pan tight enough. the side plate, wich covers the water jackets, by the water pump, (on the pass side of the g60 motor, where the rear mount braket is), was not bolted at all, it was barfing out coolant like there was no tomorrow. thank god some ppl were instrumental enough to point that out to me while they were at my place helping me, something that this guy has not done ever since this ordeal.
all said and done me and him agreed on $600 refund wich i have not seen ever since i spoke to him last, now he wont return my phone calls, nor Im's. so what can i say, this guy lied to all of u. have any of you seen any of his projects? No because there are none, nor there is a shop that he owns. "

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (8vbunny)

Quote, originally posted by 8vbunny »
moderators but out of this one

Wow... posting things telling the moderators to butt out of your threads will get you far...

Maybe there is a better way to go about getting your message across?

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (rat_bike_madness)

dude give it a rest, cuz ur just as bright as Carlitus is. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Banned
1,063 Posts

No, TELLING the mods to "butt out" of your thread is bright. I'm just saying that there's probably a much better way to get your point across on all of this....

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (rat_bike_madness)

ur making things even worse with ur bikering, ok ur carl's friend, and? do u want a medal for that or what.this has nothing to do with you, this has to do with your dumbass friend who ripps ppl off and know absolutly nothing of what he is doing.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts

dude give it a rest, cuz ur just as bright as Carlitus is. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

This kind of stuff got the first thread locked. The mods usually are kind about letting this stuff go if it doesnt get to name calling (and delete appropriate posts within the thread if necessary). Some of us are still waiting to see what dreadz has to say about all of this (as are you) and in the mean time, last time I checked, these types of threads are good so people can see http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif for certain shops, and http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif for others. Just be careful if you want to get the word out or this sucker is gonna get holed, and Some of us still want to here it from the other half of this equation

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (GLIJetta90)

sure so would i, but this kid keep butting in here like is gods gift.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts

personally I think you and carlitus should meet up and you should stop posting stuff on vortex because that really makes you look stupid if you have a problem with him you should meet up with him just like you did when you brought your car to his shop to have mods done to it I don't remember everyone on the vortex being involved in your transaction not me,lumpya,dcivw,#1stunna,Remus or anyone else that posted in the other thread so why do you keep pressing the issue?
are you scared of him is there a thrill that you get out of bashing him over the internet because in case you didn't know many people who own cars and Volkswagen's for that matter don't visit http://www.vwvortex.com and could give two shakes about what you and Carlitus have a disagreement about so why press the issue?as I said before I can't speak for anyone else on the boards but too me this is childish and stupid if you have a problem with him deal with it with him face to face man to man not over the internet all that shows me is that your a coward who thinks that doing this is gonna stop him from making money do people come into your place of employment and go screaming off at the mouth because of your work?or your boss's?if you really want to get this settles stop looking for the vortex to fix and FIX IT YOURSELF!!!!!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (VwCrazykid)

you think i am a coward? and afraid of that little sh!t? wow, i had better things to do up untill my finals were over yesterday, unlike some ppl who dont do jack. i tried to get in touch with him before i posted here and if you bother reading the whole post , and by all means reading is fundamental, this has been going on for 6 months almost, the guy cant be reached. ppl need to be aware of this, ppl thought he was bsing, yet no one called him out. and you know what i did and if you have a problem with that dont read nor bother posting here. and your post shows how f ignorant you are calling me a coward, READ i dunno if you learned that in school. school was #1 priority to me untill it ended, and the car was pretty down that ladder, so once again this proves how close minded you are. READ!

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (VwCrazykid)

Quote, originally posted by VwCrazykid »
if you really want to get this settles stop looking for the vortex to fix and FIX IT YOURSELF!!!!!

yet again, i will say it because i have to READING IS FUNDAMENTAL, i will resolve this myself, you kinda missunderstood the whole point of the thread tough guy, and it is sickening how ppl can stand up for this guy http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
6,938 Posts

8vbunny is just trying to warn people so they don't make the same mistake he made of dealing with this guy....

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (nickinboston)

Quote, originally posted by nickinboston »
8vbunny is just trying to warn people so they don't make the same mistake he made of dealing with this guy....

And that is good. But we are waiting to hear from the other side as well. For all we know it can be a big fat lie, a lot of online things are. I'm not saying it is, most likely, it is not. I'm not standing up for anybody either. I'm just not naive enought to jump to the conclusions right away.
We'll see...

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (Batan)

sure i would love for him to post and make up yet another excuse, just like the crap he had been feeding me while my car was sitting on jack stands at his friends house.

·
Registered
15,622 Posts

sure i would love for him to post and make up yet another excuse, just like the crap he had been feeding me while my car was sitting on jack stands at his friends house.

As long as he posts. You can always recognize an excuse from a real thing.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (Batan)

ya good point, but there is no reason for me to make this crap up, it makes no sense why i would lie about stuff like that. i think his work ethic sux, and he is a bad business person, so i would advise ppl to shy away from him.

·
Banned
3,084 Posts

ya good point, but there is no reason for me to make this crap up, it makes no sense why i would lie about stuff like that. i think his work ethic sux, and he is a bad business person, so i would advise ppl to shy away from him.

i think your threads suck. if you have a problem with him and you know where he lives go talk to him like a man, dont sit behind your monitor and talk

·
Registered
15,622 Posts

True, everything you posted definetly sounds legit and it sucks. He should have phoned you right away instead of "waiting for the new cellphone number" from whoever. That sounded really weak.

Quote »
if you have a problem with him and you know where he lives go talk to him like a man, dont sit behind your monitor and talk

I would do that before I go around telling everybody he's a crook but whatever...seems like he can't get a hold of him.

Modified by Batan at 3:03 PM 5-20-2004

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (BigSkizzy.)

once again, you are another one that tends not to read. did u missunderstand what i posted? i had no time to deal with this in person because i work full time and i am also in college full time, well now that one is done, so i will have time to deal with this accordingly. would u have wanted me not to say anything to the rest of the ppl of this board? and for someone else to make the same mistake, because if his bsing and posting like the wrote the Bentley. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
410 Posts

reading is fundamental and I did read your post and if your calling me stupid you will have a problem on your hands and it wont be with Carlitus as I said before no one on vortex is gonna fix your problem besides yourself your just a little deusche who gets excitement off of bashing people I know Calitus and I wouldn't call him a friend but what I can say is he would be man enough to deal with this man to man not like you posting on vwvortex hoping a moderator will fix your problem.Since your education is so important to you why are you wasting your Harvard/Yale potential on a low class volkwagen forum?

·
Registered
15,622 Posts
Re: I Wuz BottlFedG60 part 2. (Braedren)

Quote, originally posted by Braedren »
Since your education is so important to you why are you wasting your Harvard/Yale potential on a low class volkwagen forum?

Hey, hey, easy now!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.