VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Re: Read about new GIAC chip coming out.... Any more info??? Release date? (FrankiEBoneZ)

i read something about that like week ago, has anyone else heard anything, i would love a chip with no flat spot and maybe a little more boost

later
scott

·
Registered
5,785 Posts
Re: Read about new GIAC chip coming out.... Any more info??? Release date? (FrankiEBoneZ)

I think Garrett is waiting/working on a new version of the X chip based on VW Flash # 8. It's supposed to be smoother program from them. There is/was also an issue with his programs being "stolen" so I believe that he is beefing up the encryption. This is also why the '03 release was delayed.
I'm sure others know more... but it is supposed to be soon

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Re: Read about new GIAC chip coming out.... Any more info??? Release date? (Jetta_1.8Tip)

Does anyone know if there is a dealer code programmed in the GIAC chips? Just curious cause on of the techs said that's how he looks to see if a car is chipped.

·
Vendor
ID.4, 997.1
15,444 Posts
Re: Read about new GIAC chip coming out.... Any more info??? Release date? (BoostMiser)

quote:[HR][/HR]Does anyone know if there is a dealer code programmed in the GIAC chips? Just curious cause on of the techs said that's how he looks to see if a car is chipped.[HR][/HR]​
That makes no sense. Ask the guy to elaborate on what he is saying.

·
Banned
3,434 Posts
Re: Read about new GIAC chip coming out.... Any more info??? Release date? ([email protected])

Hes just saying that so next time you go there you can slip him a 50 to keep his mouth shut!
lol

I dont know what your talking bout throught, but might be...Im gettin CHIPED reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal soon, FINNALY its near!
22k miles, no chiped miles!!!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Re: Read about new GIAC chip coming out.... Any more info??? Release date? (DimcheMKV)

Sorry to hijack the thread but I took my chip out when getting my coilpack repaired. I was inquiring what they thought about certain mods. They didn't seem to mind, but told me who would. Anyhow, the guy working on my car chimed in that he could tell if the car was chipped on the vag by looking at a dealer code. If it's blank, it's chipped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.