VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it scirocco owners like to rip people off selling junk and over priced **** , Some of the sellers on vortex rip and sell over priced ****

Modified by Sciroccorockin16v at 8:43 PM 3-17-2008

Modified by Sciroccorockin16v at 9:10 PM 3-17-2008

Modified by Sciroccorockin16v at 7:49 PM 3-18-2008

· Registered
1,901 Posts
Re: Read this scirocco lovers and all vw owners (Sciroccorockin16v)

there is a flaw in your ranting, you most definitely can't buy most scirocco parts new. and i would have to say
IB4TL

· Registered
645 Posts

Sounds like you need to do a little more searching before you jump at buying a part from someone here... shake my head...

· Registered
9,710 Posts
Re: Read this scirocco lovers and all vw owners (gwebel)

Dude.
There ARE NO new Scirocco parts...
Who are you buing from that is causing you to feel you're getting ripped off?
Remeber, Scirocco parts are the rarest of the rare, so a $350 windshield isn't a rip off!

· Registered
20,201 Posts
Re: Read this scirocco lovers and all vw owners (My Old Roc)

What the others have said. You can't just go to a dealer and buy new, Scirocco-specific parts. I am curious as to what you bought that you felt that you got ripped off on. Oh, and nobody made you buy anything. If it was more than you wanted to pay, you didn't have to buy it. Now, if someone sold you something that was not as represented, that's a different story.
And the Scirocco forum probably watches out for its members more than most (all?) of the other forums on here.

· Registered
3,743 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Sciroccorockin16v »
Why is it scirocco owners like to rip people off selling junk and over priced **** , Some of the sellers on vortex rip and sell over priced ****

If you feel our things are junk maybe you shouldn't have purchased them. I know the dealership parts are much better than things purchased from VWVortex. Let's say buy a set of ball joints from the dealer for $100 or a good used set for @$10 or from an aftermarket company for $13 eash plus shipping.
Looks like you should have done your research on parts needed first before you forked out the monies.
"Ones man's junk is another ones treasure".

· Registered
5,930 Posts

Let me answer your question with a question...
why is it you're an idiot jumping to conclusions?

· Registered
856 Posts
Re: Read this scirocco lovers and all vw owners (rockin16v)

I just want to know why you can't state your over-reaction without swearing...or at least attempting to, because the mods will * it out if you don't yourself.

· Registered
962 Posts

Modified by Sciroccorockin16v at 8:43 PM 3-17-2008

Modified by Sciroccorockin16v at 9:10 PM 3-17-2008

Modified by Sciroccorockin16v at 7:49 PM 3-18-2008

Been buying parts and sorting my car for almost two years now with 99.9% luck on this forum from Hawaii to New York. Who are YOU buying from? Not to mention all the expert tech Info and advice for free!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
9,219 Posts
Re: Read this scirocco lovers and all vw owners (gourmandster)

I try to be a good seller. I pack my things with care cause it is part of my stach that I am offering to someone else....I try to be fair even to the point of generous. Just recently I sold an a/f meter for $40.....that is really cheap considering the fact that rebuild they are no less than $350 and new like $2000.... so that being said most people here are fare. Some others will stick to the price and be firm and yes some will charge more. Ultimatly you can not blame anyone, but yourself for not doing methodical homeowork on the items.
Like many more have asked, what was the issue that made you generalize everyone even yourself since you too own a scirocco? Or is this just trolling?

· Registered
4,107 Posts
Re: Read this scirocco lovers and all vw owners (Neptuno)

Yeah, I gotta throw in a comment. I've done quite a few deals with various Vortexers; so far have been completely satisfied. I have ALWAYS received what I paid for, and sometimes some 'bonus' free stuff thrown in.
Prices have generally been reasonable, about what I would expect to pay out of a salvage yard (and if you know of a yard that has any Mk1 Scirocco's in it I'd sure like to know where that is). When prices have seemed too high I've made offers; some accepted, some politely declined. I've also purchased some VW items from ebay and similar sources; Vortex prices do not as a rule seem to be drastically higher, or lower.
I have no complaints whatsoever about any of the people I've dealt with from this site, and I really don't understand what you're worked up about.
Simple rule; if you don't like the deal don't make it. Nobody's forcing you...

· Registered
9,710 Posts
Re: (ramdmc)

Well, we all hate getting ripped off, I for one, find it unacceptable, but we really do have to collectively defend the entire Scirocco portion of the forum, because we are a small community and we all do take care of each other. We pretty much know every other Scirocco owner here, since there are so few of us, and we look out for each other in here.
Straying out of the MK1 forum usually leads to more and more hostility, and bad business and just plain bad manners. You find very little of that in here though..a lot of goofiness and sarcasm, but we all look out for stuff like you are complaining of.
If you have a specific beef with a specific seller, , take it up with HIM,if he still doesn't resolve the problem to your satisfaction, then then, by all means, take it to a higher level, but please don't throw a hate blanket over all of us and this forum.
There are ways to handle a complaint like yours, and immediately posting a hate-post may not be the best way.
We ARE here to help each other, and we are totally willing to help you out, just tell us what happened and maybe we can figure something out.

· Registered
42 Posts
Re: (My Old Roc)

It's kind of funny. I guess from having bought parts off of the tex, I now think that every other site or possible channel for Scirocco parts is a rip off. I needed one, ONE, turn signal lens. I was sold two, with holders, and new bulbs for much, much less than most places wanted to sell just one for. Actually some places apparently never wanted to sell anything, because they never returned my call.

· Registered
660 Posts
Re: (My Old Roc)

AMEN!
Even thought Im not as active as most Texers Ive been in this group for many years and I have to say I have no issues dealing with anyone here. I have even met some of the people here in the Tex.
Yes, doing research on what you buy is important. Yes, finding out the histry of the user is important and Yes, know the market price for the items and COMPARE. But Most of all, ASK ASK ASK so you feel confident to comit the purchase. This fourm has been nothing but helpful and informative, THAT itself saves you $$$.

Modified by DKScirocco at 12:01 PM 3-21-2008

· Registered
352 Posts
Re: (DKScirocco)

it's called supply and demand
the parts are worth every penny someone is willing to pay
remember that these parts are all at least somewhat rare
some of them are extremely rare
if you feel that the prices are too high maybe you should go buy
a honda civic
I hear parts are cheap

· Registered
196 Posts
Re: (PoVolks)

I haven't yet purchased here as I am waiting for garage space, but I have had great luck over at Mk3 Classifieds. Great deals on wheels and an exhaust, both shipped! When I get at the Scirocco I'll certainly be shopping here first!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.