VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bad jolting or buckly problem in my jetta right now. I have no idea why or what is making my car to do this. Im just driving down the road and it just starts jolting like crazy, and its starting to piss me off cuz I cant figure it out. And this is what I have fixed- new fuel filter, new timing, new cap and rotor, new intake boot, 02 sensor and not to long ago had a tune up and an oil change. I thought that it might be like a fuel transfer pump or something with fuel but I dont know. I also thought it was maybe some kinda electrical problem becasue I have a pretty bad leak coming in from the windshild. And sometimes I feel water right by the fuse box like on some of the wires but still no idea, so if anybody might be able to help, thanks.

·
Registered
176 Posts
You might check your spark plug wires to see if they are arcing

sometimes you can get arcing btwn SP wires when they break down... to check, open hood with engine running while it's dark (nighttime), and see if there are blue-colored arcs btwn the wires... this problem sounds electrical since it is random and abrupt.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: You might check your spark plug wires to see if they are arcing (CalVol)

Yeah I just went out side becasue its know dark out and no i dont see any bule arces from the wires? Its pretty crazy cuz I have no idea what it is? can anyone help me?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Re: You might check your spark plug wires to see if they are arcing (91GLI)

could be your air/fuel mixture. I changed the exact same things that you did and it ended up just being an adjustment. Could also maybe be your coil, but all the things that could have been it besides air/fuel mixture, or coil, have been changed on your car so i doubt it could be any of those. good luck

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: You might check your spark plug wires to see if they are arcing (9)

Thanks man, its just driving me crazy. I also noticed that when in gear, I put foot the the gas and it does nadda thing, and then I put the clutch in and put it back into gear and it go again. But it not pretty it jolts. I was weird I stomped on the gas and nothing, and let off and back on and the same and the third time it kick in real hard and made a huge jolt/buckly. So I have no idea anymore, if anybody knows thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.