VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
I have yet to do any computations based on actual gas useage, but if you believe the dash computer I get around 21 for city and 32 or more, for highway.
I went on a round trip of 1200 miles recently, and for most of the trip, which was highway miles, my dash read at least 34 mpg....and I got over 35.5 MPG...for most of the trip back. I think at one point it read 36.8....
(I kept the cruise @ 57 mph just to see what would happen.)

· Registered
6,829 Posts
doesnt matter if its FSI or TSI... 2.0T sucks in mpg. I put in 20 tonite n only got 1/4 tank??? Im takin it in tomo to see whats wrong with it.

· Registered
351 Posts
Without really trying I usually get 26MPG in a mix of highway/city thats probably 40/60 split. City driving really kills the MPG. You can easily see 30+ on the highway, but the short first gear and peppy motor makes for bad MPG in the city.

· Registered
31 Posts
Mileage

I commute on toll roads to and from the office, and therefore I don't have a lot of stop-and-go driving. At a steady 55 mph, I routinely get 34 mpg, and I have even gotten over 36 on one or two occasions. I have a 2009 B6.

· Registered
6,829 Posts
i was drivin in cruise at 70mph in 6th at 2.5k and i had my MFD on "consumption" and it was jumping all over the place from like 18-29mpg it was constantly fluctuating. It never stayed steady. I could never get an accurate read. Then i flipped to another screen and it stayed on 19.7mpg. Is that what i should be looking at? Thats horrible for hwy driving rite?

· Registered
200 Posts
i was drivin in cruise at 70mph in 6th at 2.5k and i had my MFD on "consumption" and it was jumping all over the place from like 18-29mpg it was constantly fluctuating. It never stayed steady. I could never get an accurate read. Then i flipped to another screen and it stayed on 19.7mpg. Is that what i should be looking at? Thats horrible for hwy driving rite?
lol buddy u need to read your owners manual, the section that tells u what all the MPG readings mean.

· Registered
4,127 Posts
FWIW, I just recently got 482 miles out of one tank (range down to 0) with my k04 set-up...however, with my auto trans trouble, I have been driving Miss Daisy...which is probably the reason for the "higher than normal average". Usually I average around 350-400 miles per tank with 75% highway @ 80mph.

· Registered
29 Posts
With my '06 2.0T Auto, I average between 27 and 31 MPG (460 to 530 miles) over the course of tank. The slow speed (sub 40 MPH) and stop 'n go driving really hurts the milage, especially when you get alittle spirited with the right foot. On the highway and the cruise controll set to 65, I will rutienely see 33MPG over a drive cycle without traffic but that gets cut down when there is traffic to deal with.

With Shell 93 having been around $2.75 here recently, I average roughly $9.50 per 100 miles.

· Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
With my '06 2.0T Auto, I average between 27 and 31 MPG (460 to 530 miles) over the course of tank. The slow speed (sub 40 MPH) and stop 'n go driving really hurts the milage, especially when you get alittle spirited with the right foot. On the highway and the cruise controll set to 65, I will rutienely see 33MPG over a drive cycle without traffic but that gets cut down when there is traffic to deal with.

With Shell 93 having been around $2.75 here recently, I average roughly $9.50 per 100 miles.
I've often heard that Shell gasoline tends to yield more mpg than say Exxon...(same grade)
Any truth to that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.