VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
My rear seat was folded down and when I went to raise it up, it won't move more than 10 degrees because the center seat belt is locked. I checked my Bentley and it said to remove the seatbelt cap, then the cover to get more slack before unhooking the belt from the lower mount. But after doing that I can barely get my hand under the seat. Any ideas? I am pissed to the point of cutting that useless seatbelt and tossing it.

·
Registered
2,701 Posts
Re: Rear center seat belt is locked-Help!!! (T99inFL)

this has happened to me countless times...........i dono why -- take it to the stealership if u're still under warrantee

·
Registered
1,041 Posts

I too experienced the same problem. I just released the seat belt at the lower mount. Better to access it from the hatch. Once the lower mount was released, I just let the tension take the seat belt back in and then extended it out and re-attached it. Never had the problem again. Took about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Rear center seat belt is locked-Help!!! (darbyfam)

This is a royal pain in the ass....My buddy came over and we fought with it for half an hour before unhooking the belt and retracting it. He drives off and I fold the seat down and up twice ( I am cleaning the seats) and the [email protected]#$%^&* thing locks again!!! Well I had a little more freeplay this time so it wasn't as bad. I made sure to unhook it and tuck it between the seat and rear deck this time. Its never gonna be connected again unless there is a new owner.
German engineering at its finest? I think not.

[Modified by T99inFL, 4:14 PM 2-15-2002]

·
Registered
1,558 Posts

That happened to me too. It was locked up for days, then one day my 3 year old daughter was messing with it and it freed right up... weird

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.