VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...
Just bought a 90 Golf.. the driver side rear door will not open... any suggestions on why... or how to get it open and have it fixed?
Thanks.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Re: Rear door won't open... (Fly952.0)

In a nutshell, remove rear backrest of seat, pull black rubber door seal away from door from a point a couple of inches about the lock mechanism to a couple of inches below the mechanism. Insert thin flat head screwdriver so that it presses down on the shiny clasp. Push door outward at the same time. Voila. Remove door mechanism, clean it out with WD40, rub in some Lithium grease onto the working parts. Reinstall. Make sure that little spring in the lock mechanism is not rusted away. In fact, make sure all the springs are lubricated and working. Common problem on A2's. Later.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rear door won't open... (SimonH)

Much thanks and cheers to a fellow Minnesotan!
I was in LaPorte the other day, for real!! A friend of mines family has a cabin(cabin) on a lake right outside of there.. we were there this weekend. Anyways, Sunday morning we went to church in LaPorte... I have never heard of LaPorte.. but as I listened to the sermon, I wondered to myself if there were any dubbers in LaPorte... well Lo and Behold...
Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Re: Rear door won't open... (gti250hp)

i believe this was in the big DIY thread.
edit: this was my 666th post on friday the 13th.. freaky, eh?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts