VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any found that the rear floormats are not pressed into floor? It is not like the front floormats which have the safety clips to hold it in place.
Or is it just mine? Cuz my rear floormats still has the screws in it and no clips on the floor.

· Registered
451 Posts
Re: Rear floormats not secure? (Shox Boy)

Quote, originally posted by Shox Boy »
Cuz my rear floormats still has the screws in it and no clips on the floor.

It sounds like the clips & screws are stuck to your floor matts. This happened to me when i was puttin in my monster matts. if you press in the middle of the screw it should pop out...or you could just realign them and screw them into the floor again.

· Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so I just have to screw it into the floor and then pop up the rear floormats and it should be just like the front floormats with the little round click?
Haa.. I am a real newbie to these new VWs, my previous GTI did not have this detail items.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
Re: (tarzool)

some dealerships have not been installing the anchors for the rear floor mats when they PDI the car. I asked why and they said that alot of people dont want them screwing anything into the floor of their cars. I think its just plain lazy. If your car does not have the anchors installed, and you want them, take it to the dealership and have them install them.

· Registered
2021 Jetta GLI Autobahn in MT
277 Posts
Re: (gtivrsix)

I was one of them. I specifically told my dealer not to screw in the rear anchors. My rear monster mats sit perfertly fine where they're at without the anchors. Driver's seat needs anchors IMO, to prevent the mat from riding up and potentially blocking pedals, etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.