VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a non-auto euro switch with front/rear fogs. I don't plan on putting in rear fog lights so I have an idea: could I possibly use the empty pin on the plug (for rear fog) and route it to my own relay to add my own accessory lights? That way they will be controlled by the switch instead of using a cheap looking aftermarket one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks! I really want to avoid drilling a hole somewhere on my dash and putting a tacky switch. I like to keep things reversible haha

Great thinking! I may have to utilize this idea as well... let me know what pin you get that fits inside the plug that goes into the headlight switch please.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update, used a generic yellow repair wire from ECS, pin 7 on the small-plug headlight switch. Wire a relay as you would to battery, ground, accessory to be turned on, and switch (trigger wire from headlight switch). Did a test run on a friends mk6 GTI, works flawlessly!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.