VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw the transmission had sweated some fluid out on to the drivers side axle. I had a level check performed on the fluid. It was lessening, so I had the seal replaced. The mech also noticed the right rear shock was leaking oil. I hummed and hawed, boge turbogas? or bilstein? ( at twice the price ). Any how I used the bogie's because of my mechanic answer. You can't feel the difference, " with ordinary use as long as gas pressurized on the rear and you will be fine. Any how ..... After a drive home let me say I am more than pleased. My great big bounce around after market exhaust no longer has a rebound bump and grind. Yippeee!!!!!

· Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Rear Gas shock inserts. New transmission seal, Exhaust bump seems gone! (GREEN95GTIVR6)

Update!
Rear Boge turbogas shocks with new bump stops work great with 8 year old springs . The rear rides quite a bit firmer and higher. For the money it's quite a nice upgrade for an aging stock system. One great big added bonus is: that along with the addition of a solid rear mount at the back of the exhaust, in which only back forth motions are only allowed, a rebound bump issue involving the custom exhaust is totally quieted.
bring on the speed bumps
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.