VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I did a quick search and I didnt see anything about this, I took a quick look at my seats to see how to remove them and its definatley way different then the mk4 seats, which were a cinch to remove, especially the seat bottoms, but with these I cant figure out how to get these out!

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
It's pretty easy once you know what to do. I recommend taking out the rear seatbacks first. To do that, pull off the plastic thingy which covers the bolts keeping the rear seatbacks in. It is a cowling kind of, it kind of wraps over it like a wave. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it. Becareful taking it off, I broke mine when I took it off.
As soon as the plastic thing is off, you'll see what to do. Now on to the bottom. Simply pull the front of the seats up, they are attached with velcro and a few connectors which release with some tension. Don't be afraid to pull hard. After that is up, push the seats to the rear of the car to release a "hook". After this is done, it is simply a matter of pulling out the plastic child seat thingys and there's nothing else securing it from there.
Let me know if you need more help... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.