VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has better pictures of these and how it looks installed?

BTW, if you are interested, I think Komet155 can get them for you.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Re: Rear side window shade (SSheikh)

Is that just like the one in the rear window? Does it roll down into the door? Is it a stock euro thing or something?

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rear side window shade (Yellow Rabbit)

Dont have much info on it except this piture. It does seem like that it rolls down. In fact seems like it rolls down with the window 'cause the top edge is clipped to the window edge. And yes I think its an OEM part.

·
Registered
205 Posts

Its a VW accessory for the Passat models. Just unlatch the two clips that are attached to the glass and it detracts into the clinder like case at the base of the window. See the VW Accessory catalog online.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Rear side window shade (bryanY)

The one you are talking about is this.

I think the one in the top picture is different in the sense that the shade is integrated in the door panel. At least it so appears from the picture.

·
Registered
21,473 Posts

SSheikh:
I bought one of the rear sunshades and installed it on my Golf - it looks OK, but for sure it does not look integrated. The catalog photo you posted at the beginning of this thread is a bit misleading - it makes it look as if the side sunshades are integrated into the doors (a la the BMW 5 series), but that is not the case. The photo you posted just above (showing the door open) is a much more accurate depiction of what the side sunshades look like.
In my opinion, if you have an infant in the back seat who has a severe allergy to sunlight, it might make sense to get these aftermarket (Votex) sunshades - but if you are looking for a 'classy' addition to your car, well, these look as well integrated as a front snowplow blade would.
I have posted, below, a better version of your picture above (taken from the VW Germany accessories catalog). I have included the part number, that way other people on the board at least have a place to start if they want to source this part themselves. I have also posted the prices, from the VW Germany accessories catalog. You don't need to know how to read German - just match up the part numbers. If you want to convert the Euro and DEM prices to your local money, go to http://www.oanda.com or some similar financial website.
For what it's worth, you can buy the Votex REAR window sunshade from Canadian VW dealers - which means you can probably buy it from US dealers as well. There's a whole discussion of this, plus pictures, etc. at this thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=135858&page=2 The part number for the rear window sunshade is 1J0 064 160. I'll post a photo of the rear window one in a moment...
Michael

[Modified by PanEuropean, 4:31 AM 12-3-2001]

[Modified by PanEuropean, 4:35 AM 12-3-2001]

·
Registered
8,207 Posts
Re: Rear side window shade (PanEuropean)

do window shades exist for the back window (not the back doors) for a Jetta? I think I've seen one or two cars in my area with them...would be interested in getting one since I don't have tint right now.

·
Registered
21,473 Posts
Re: Rear side window shade (sidewinder)

Sidewinder:
Yes, there is a rear window sunshade made for the Jetta. It is identical in appearance and function to the rear window sunshade for the Golf. I described the Golf sunshade in a post at this link: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=135858&page=2 Note that this is a very long thread, the pictures and part numbers for the sunshade are about halfway down the second page of the thread.
I bought this sunshade in Europe, but subsequently found out that I could have ordered it through my Canadian VW dealer. If you go to your local dealer with this part number, it will probably allow him/her to find the part number for the Jetta model.
If you do find the part number, please post it (and the price information) here for the benefit of the other BB members.
Michael

·
Registered
188 Posts
I don't know.....this does look pretty integrated to me.

quote:[HR][/HR]SSheikh:
In my opinion, if you have an infant in the back seat who has a severe allergy to sunlight, it might make sense to get these aftermarket (Votex) sunshades - but if you are looking for a 'classy' addition to your car, well, these look as well integrated as a front snowplow blade would.[HR][/HR]​

[Modified by vw_rules, 11:52 AM 12-4-2001]

·
Registered
21,473 Posts
Re: (vw_rules)

VW Rules:
Hey, you're going to get in trouble for that. You know as well as I do that we signed a non-disclosure with Votex for those 'beta version' pics of the new Golf IV front air dam.
The only snowplow picture that they have authorized release of is the New Beetle snowplow, below:

[Modified by PanEuropean, 5:24 PM 12-4-2001]

·
Registered
21,473 Posts
Re: Rear side window shade (gbrownrochester)

Well, don't be too critical of those cheap flag windowshades - they were probably made in Taiwan, so you should be grateful they didn't confuse the American flag with the Indonesian or Liberian one (they all look similar).
Michael

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.