VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 VW Atlas, 2013 Audi allroad, 1974 Split Window Bus
549 Posts
Re: rear sway bar ?... (R32pilot)

Daemon42 has one. Do a search and I think he mentioned something about the handling.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Re: rear sway bar ?... (not_so_furious)

I just installed a Neuspeed sway bar today. Everything else stock on suspension. Pulling right out of the driveway it is evident that rear end is now tighter. Turn in is much sharper, 90deg turns and curves are much more fun than before. As others have stated, this is more like the car should have been from the factory. The body roll is greatly reduced. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif This is an entry level/must upgrade for anyone who is interested in enhancing the R32s handling.
It took me about 2 hours from start to finish. This time included some site seeing under the car. Neuspeed directions include photos and they are much better than previous installation directions I have seen.
Now I am debating about the SHS coilovers

Modified by Austrian Beauty at 11:03 PM 5-21-2004

·
Registered
18,552 Posts
Re: rear sway bar ?... (Austrian Beauty)

I agree that the Neuspeed rear bar is a good mod in its own right. I don't think it
makes any significant difference in outright corner speed but it does make the rear end
feel more lively in a good way. The car might actually have a little more neutral
feel with the bar on the stock suspension than it does with the bar on the SHS
suspension because the later allows so little body roll that the rear bar can't lighten
the rear inside as much. The car is *definitely* faster with the SHS suspension
and it makes better use of the stock tires (with less body roll the tires
don't end up on their sidewalls as easily). I don't think I'd really want to
stiffen the rear any further than it is now though so I may be stuck
with a very very fast, very mildly understeering car.
ian

1 - 4 of 4 Posts