VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1) will the stock rear GTI swaybar fit a standard 2.5l Jetta.
2) I know the rubber bushing is different(bigger hole) but will it fit into the jetta swaybar bracket or is it necessary to buy the GTI bracket also?
3) will there be a noticeable difference in handling/sway reduction/lean.

· Registered
135 Posts
Re: FV-QR (zak)

Actually zak the mk5 is independent rear suspension no beam anymore.
good question though. If the rear sway bar is bigger it will make a difference even 1mm thicker does. I would imagine they should be interchangeable. I'm curious on the answer.

· Registered
135 Posts
Re: rear swaybar Question... (darkk)

I'm suprised nobody knows. This is actually really interesting.
I went to http://www.1stvwparts.com because you can pull up illustrations of how the parts fit. It looks like you would just need to get the gti bar, clamps, bushings, and endlinks. I'm not positive on the endlinks, I think you can reuse yours.
On my honda's I've been able to use rsx rear sway bars with just buying those things.
I'm sure you can but again I'm not 100% since I haven't been under a mkv in awhile.
BTW: nice jetta!

· Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: rear swaybar Question... (mayhem3x)

I looked at a H&R's and they only look like you get the bar and the bushings. I'm sure the bar fits because it's the same part number. I think you keep the bracket that holds the bushing from your stock setup.

· Registered
2,175 Posts
Re: FV-QR (mayhem3x)

Quote, originally posted by mayhem3x »
Actually zak the mk5 is independent rear suspension no beam anymore.
good question though. If the rear sway bar is bigger it will make a difference even 1mm thicker does. I would imagine they should be interchangeable. I'm curious on the answer.

My bad--didn't look pay attention to which car......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.