VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, can someone please post a picture of the STOCK rear window wiper?
I ask because I think mine came broken!
Basically, it looks like something is missing off of my rear wiper where the fluid nozzle is. But, having no other gtis or golfs around with which to compare it, I can't tell for sure.
Thanks a lot. Once a photo is posted, we can let this thread die as it should

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Rear window wiper pic please? (mjd)

Yeah, the wiper works, and the nozzle sprays, but it is pretty ineffective. Basically, it looks like a nut or something is missing on the end.
Maybe I should just post a pic. I'll try to remember to take one at lunch. But still, if someone could post a pic real quick it'd solve this right away.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Re: Rear window wiper pic please? (Kowgod)

Hrmmm.....interesting - because mine doesn't even work - never did - i just never got around to taking it back to get it fixed....it's also missing that little piece that covers the nozzle and makes it look a little more refined....

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Ok, I got a picture of my rear wiper... so. Is it broken? You see what I mean? It just looks like something is missing on the squirty thing. If this is how its supposed to be, I don't like it at all... and I would think I would have noticed it before now. (also, don't give me grief about a dirty car. I drive my car. I know.)
Is it brokey?

[Modified by Kowgod, 4:52 PM 9-30-2002]

·
Registered
3,335 Posts

ya looks like you are missing the plastic cover that goes over the nozzle.. not sure if that would make it ineffective though because i don't think it has anything to do with direction. honestly i've never looksed at it all that close.
my wiper works i know.. but its not very effective..

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Rear window wiper pic please? (Red GTi VR6)

Thank you all very much. I knew something had to be wrong here.
OK. So, question is... fix this one, or get Skoda rear wiper?
Hmm...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.