VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today after driving on the expressway, my rear window got extremely dirty. I went to use the washer fluid, and nothing came out. I held it down for a few seconds and still nothing came out. I tried again later and it still didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?
P.S. When I checked to see if the resevoir was empty (it wasn't), I noticed my battery cover wasn't on good. I could not get the cover to snap into place. Ideas on this would also be appreciated.
Thanks,
Matthew

·
Registered
6,491 Posts
Re: Rear Windshield Washer (ReflexSilverVW)

when I lived in Upstate NY, I had that problem a few times. It turned out to be a salt-covered nozzle. The salt had solidified and wasn't allowing the fluid to come out.
My dealer fixed it with a hairpin (you can use a needle) to unclog the nozzle and you should be done.
PS: A pinched line is unlikely to happen but it could be a reason for the problem.

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Re: Rear Windshield Washer (I3oxrocket)

yay, i used search!..haha... does anyone know how to access this area in the hatch? I need to make sure it didn't get disconnected... i'm finding washer residue on the inside of my hatch... TIA
**Edit**
If someone has the info, just post it, i'm gonna try to figure it out right now...

Modified by (TisFORTurbo) at 1:09 PM 12-19-2004

1 - 5 of 5 Posts