VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Audi A3 1.8T
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone has issues with the read wiper sort of having a mind of its own? I suspect that it's the relay. I took the fuse out for the time being but why would it go on/off randomly?

2010 A3 1.8T

Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Audi A3 2.0Tq 2013 Audi TT-S
1,583 Posts
Just disable that thing, I did on my car when I got it lol. Pulled the fuse but later I needed that circuit for a reverse/rear camera so I reinstalled the fuse but removed the electrical connector from the motor heh ;)

The dumbest thing about the rear wiper is the control stalk to turn it on is like 1/4" or something from the shift paddle. I have small hands and I still end up hitting the rear wiper by mistake all the time, while simply going for the shift paddle. On my first A3 that resulted in so many inadvertent activations when the car was dry/dirty and ended up just scratching up the rear glass with concentric arc scratches 🤦‍♂️ That's why on my second car I disabled the stupid thing from day one.

One day I'll get around to buying the cap and just deleting the entire thing. Never really seen the need for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts