VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I call my dealer to set up for my 10K appt when the sevice advisor said there was a recall notice for my car. mine is 03 GTi 1.8T. She wouldnt elaborate on what the recall was but when i checked the NHTSB i came up with this:
Make : VOLKSWAGEN Model : GOLF Year : 2002
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 02V031000 Recall Date : JAN 28, 2002
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 55000
anyone heard of this or taken their car in? I am going in tomorrow so i can post the official vw notice hopefully.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/c...s.cfm

· Registered
3,626 Posts
Re: Recall Notice (rcarkhuff)

whaaat?! i have an 03' GTI 1.8T.
after the coilpacks were replaced with brand new ones, i didn't have a worry in the world about anything else with my car. this can't be true... can someone elaborate a little bit more about this recall? very disappointing if this is true. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

· Registered
674 Posts
Re: Recall Notice (GrayRayT)

Make : VOLKSWAGEN Model : JETTA Year : 2002
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 02V031000 Recall Date : JAN 28, 2002
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 55000
Summary:
ON SOME PASSENGER VEHICLES, SHORT CIRCUITS CAN OCCUR WITHIN THE ELECTRONIC CONTROL UNIT OF THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKING SYSTEM (ABS).
Consequence:
THIS CAN RESULT IN A FIRE.
Remedy:
DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE ABS CONTROL UNIT. OWNER NOTIFICATION BEGAN MARCH 8, 2002. OWNERS WHO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO AN AUTHORIZED DEALER ON AN AGREED UPON SERVICE DATE AND DO NOT RECEIVE THE FREE REMEDY WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME SHOULD CONTACT VOLKSWAGEN AT 1-800-822-8987.
Notes:
ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION'S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

Says it for jetta too

· Registered
2,657 Posts
Re: Recall Notice (jff24grd)

I don't know why most people think the dealership is hiding this information. All you need to do is goto the dealership and have them enter you VIN, wait about 5 minutes, the they will tell you if you have any recalls.
Just because it says 55,000 02 Golfs, doesn't mean your's is directly affected. It could be certain build dates, factories, etc....

· Registered
42,107 Posts
Re: Recall Notice (PoorBoyMatt)

I picked up my '02 Jetta on 1.25.2002, a Friday night. This recall became effective the following Monday. I had gone to the database just to see if any recalls had been issued on the '02 Jettas, and I found this one. It said that owners had been/ would be notified, so I didn't worry about it. It has been out there for more than 18 months now... it didn't just show up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.