VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
Here's a new dumb one:

B.O.B Strollers. I won't even go into the amazing level of stupidity I think about this one.

We have one of these and its amazing. I read the recall when it came out and when I arrived at the section describing the "defect" I was baffled to say the least. You'd have to try to hang yourself on purpose with this one to create a hazard. I guess if you make it possible, someone will do it..

·
Registered
15,506 Posts
I'm sure most have caught this, but Tylenol, et al, is recalling a bunch of items (Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtac) etc.

http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/new_recall.inc
Came in here to see the update on the BOB strollers. We have one, too...silly.

Made me remember about the tylenol recall.

I haven't seen infant's tylenol on shelves since I made that post. We have been using the "alternative" brand acetominophen(spelling?) equal. Is tylenol ever going to re-release their product?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Made me remember about the tylenol recall.

I haven't seen infant's tylenol on shelves since I made that post. We have been using the "alternative" brand acetominophen(spelling?) equal. Is tylenol ever going to re-release their product?
I can't speak for the US, but it's been available in Canada for at least the last year.

·
Registered
7,433 Posts
at least 3x years in Canada (that's I've had to buy it). This is one of those products that never recovered in the US.

BTW, back on topic this reminds me that this fall I received yet another recall letter from BOB, the terms of which are even more absurb. Seems this time the logo affixed to the hood could come off and pose a chocking hazard. Using this logic any fabric item with a logo stuck on should be getting recalled.

IMO there's a higher risk my child will ingest a ladybug than ingest the logo.

·
Banned
26,117 Posts
Combi Coccoro and others

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners...searchCriteria.nhtsa_ids=13C002000&refurl=rss

SUMMARY:Combi USA, Inc. (Combi) is recalling certain model 8220 (Coccoro) child restraints manufactured January 6, 2009, through December 5, 2012; model 8836 (Zeus 360) child restraints manufactured February 25, 2009, through May 24, 2012; and model 8815 (Zeus Turn) manufactured from July 15, 2007, through March 25, 2009. The harness webbing fails to meet minimum breaking strength requirements. Thus, these child seats fail to comply to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 213, "Child Restraint Systems."

·
Registered
896 Posts
March 18, 2014 – Energizer Personal Care – Playtex Manufacturing, Inc. announced today it is initiating a voluntary nationwide recall of certain AC/DC power adapters that are used with the Playtex® Nurser Deluxe Double Electric Breast Pump. Consumer safety is a primary objective of Playtex and we are taking this action out of an abundance of caution. The casing on some adapters may become loose and separate, resulting in a potential for electric shock. No injuries have been reported to date.

http://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls/ucm389542.htm

·
Registered
212 Posts
I am putting this here for future reference, but am starting a thread about this. This is too important to be announced in a "Recall thread"

www.buckle.evenflo.com

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/07/evenflo-seat-buckle-recall_n_5106883.html

Evenflo Company Inc. is voluntarily recalling more than 1.3 million child safety seat buckles due to the risk children could not be removed quickly in an emergency.

The National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration said Friday that the recall includes buckles used in a number of children's convertible and booster seat models manufactured between 2011 and 2014.

Not all seats made during that time are included. The recall includes some of Evenflo's Momentum, Chase, Maestro, Symphony, Snugli, Titan, SureRide and SecureKid models. The affected seats have model number prefixes of 306, 308, 310, 329, 345, 346, 371 or 385.

The buckle may become stuck in a latched position, making it difficult to remove a child from the seat. This could prove critical to a child's safety in the case of an emergency.

Evenflo will alert registered owners this month and provide replacement buckles and instructions for installation.

The company said on its website that the harness crotch buckle may become resistant to unlatching over time, due to exposure to food, drink and other common contaminants. It said there is no risk if the buckle is functioning normally.

Evenflo, based in Piqua, Ohio, has received no reports of injuries to children in connection with the recalled buckles.

For more information:

Owners may contact Evenflo at 1-800-490-7591 or online at www.buckle.evenflo.com . They may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov .

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.parents.com/product-reca...kles/?sssdmh=dm17.731260&esrc=nwpdbaby040814t

·
Registered
15,506 Posts
Just got this in the mail today. I figured a few might have the same seat we do (recaro pro sport). If the picture stinks I'll try to scan and post tomorrow.

Sent from car ramrod

21 - 28 of 28 Posts