VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently swapped a 1.8t engine into my mkiv 2.0 , and was wondering if there was anyting i should keep an eye out for. I have neuspeed catback, a tektonics dp, euro port intake, revo software upgrade, bilstein pss9 suspension. The guy at the shop who did the work, said with the revo i would be running somewhere around 18 pounds of boost, which seems high for my small intercooler. My buddy who works at mercedes said I should right off the bat invest in a big front mount. Please send me any info you have.. I found that boost is super addicting.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Re: recent 1.8t swap (ckenglite)

Youll find out that most of the people on this forum that are on stock turbo are still running with stock intercoolers. Many of them getting over 20 psi. They do get heat soaked though..

·
Registered
8,030 Posts
Re: recent 1.8t swap (ckenglite)

Really depends on your driving style and if you race often. If it's just for daily driving and occasionally "spirited" driving, stock IC should be fine. If, on the other hand, you need to be in max boost for longer periods on time and/or over and over again, you'll need a larger IC.
I'd love to hear about your swap experience. I know you said a shop did it for you, but if they gave any info (problems, tips) on the swap I'd love to hear it.
Rey

1 - 4 of 4 Posts